....really fractal? EDIT: Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know I’m going to get hate comments from the fractal bootlickers saying things like “bla bla bla you should be thankful that our lord and savior cliff has offered updates and done so and so”on this, but here goes:

Fractal, you’re slipping. You’d seriously rather update the Axe FX II again and leave ax8 users hanging because you’re too cheap to foot the bill to hire a programmer to come in and fix the issue? That’s incredibly lame. I wouldn’t be complaining if this current firmware didn’t have bugs that MULTIPLE users have complained about (such as loud pops and volume jumps when changing presets) but it’s bug ridden and fractal won’t even take the steps to fix that. They’d rather focus on the Axe II for some reason and the FM3 that half of us don’t even want because it’s a cash grab due to having to spend another 700 dollars on a footboard extension. I’m sorry, but as an ax8 user this is incredibly frustrating. I’m not saying we need ares ported to the Ax8, but AT LEAST fixing the fucking bugs on the current firmware. Spend less time trying to rip off the Line 6 Helix designs and spend more time taking care of your bug ridden firmware.

Sincerely, a pissed off customer who’s sick of dealing with bugs.

I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

My friend, i'm not a bootlicker of any kind. And i think it's your right as a customer to share your view and your requests to Fractal.
But, lets wait for the Ares update and see what's gonna happen.

Last edited:
So I know I’m going to get hate comments from the fractal bootlickers saying things like “bla bla bla you should be thankful that our lord and savior cliff has offered updates and done so and so”on this, but here goes:

Fractal, you’re slipping. You’d seriously rather update the Axe FX II again and leave ax8 users hanging because you’re too cheap to foot the bill to hire a programmer to come in and fix the issue? That’s incredibly lame. I wouldn’t be complaining if this current firmware didn’t have bugs that MULTIPLE users have complained about (such as loud pops and volume jumps when changing presets) but it’s bug ridden and fractal won’t even take the steps to fix that. They’d rather focus on the Axe II for some reason and the FM3 that half of us don’t even want because it’s a cash grab due to having to spend another 700 dollars on a footboard extension. I’m sorry, but as an ax8 user this is incredibly frustrating. I’m not saying we need ares ported to the Ax8, but AT LEAST fixing the fucking bugs on the current firmware. Spend less time trying to rip off the Line 6 Helix designs and spend more time taking care of your bug ridden firmware.

Did you not do your homework? Cliff posted this yesterday. Chill.
I'm working on Ares 2.00 for the AX-8. It's difficult though since the processor isn't as powerful and I'm having difficulty getting the new algorithms to run in the allotted time. I've also been sick all week and only have enough strength to work a couple hours a day.

Did you not do your homework? Cliff posted this yesterday. Chill.

No, because I don't spend a bunch of time browsing forums I did not see that. But I am glad to see that they're actually being proactive on updating the Ax8. That's all I wanted to see. I don't think it's unreasonable to be frustrated by the same bugs plaguing me at every gig and wanting the product I spend a lot of money on to function properly.

WTH? I gig my Ax8 weekly and haven’t encountered any bugs! I’m happy we are getting another FW but in reality, I could have stayed 10.01 forever! To Op, roll back to a fw that worked satisfactorily or, if doing something that freezes the unit: “Don’t do that”

No, because I don't spend a bunch of time browsing forums I did not see that. But I am glad to see that they're actually being proactive on updating the Ax8. That's all I wanted to see. I don't think it's unreasonable to be frustrated by the same bugs plaguing me at every gig and wanting the product I spend a lot of money on to function properly.

What bugs are plaguing you at every gig? Just briefly perusing your post history...you seem to have been happy with the AX8 at one time. By contrast, your current post appears to be a bit over the top angry. I'm no no way belittling your trouble, but since I have yet to experience any bugs in the course of much continuous use, I'm genuinely curious.

What bugs are plaguing you at every gig? Just briefly perusing your post history...you seem to have been happy with the AX8 at one time. By contrast, your current post appears to be a bit over the top angry. I'm no no way belittling your trouble, but since I have yet to experience any bugs in the course of much continuous use, I'm genuinely curious.

Mainly Random extreme Volume jumps when switching presets and randomly resetting all of my I/O parameters. I absolutely love my Ax8. I know how amazing it is, but I think I’m allowed to me frustrated too. The volume jumps are extremely noticeable at gigs, especially when playing larger stages

An AX-8 update is in progress. I've been sick all week so that has hampered progress a bit.

Thank you for replying Admin. I’m sorry for coming in so hot but I just wanted some other kind of confirmation other than “soon”, you know? I know you guys work hard, it’s just also nice to know that bugs are being fixed and that’s all I wanted to hear. Thank you again for what you do. Get well soon

An AX-8 update is in progress. I've been sick all week so that has hampered progress a bit.

And amidst the weeping and gnashing of teeth for @thatrandomguy1, the "lord and savior Cliff" shows up with a handkerchief and a mouthguard.

Did it ever occur to the OP that not everyone may be experiencing what you are experiencing? Or that semi-recently FAS had some turnover with the AX8 programmer? Or that they're launching a new product?

I'm not justifying anything for anyone, I'm asking others to consider other variables before jumping to the conclusion that Fractal would intentionally ignore the 28,000 (Friday afternoon estimation) AX8's in circulation today.

BTW - @Admin M@ or @FractalAudio, how many AX8's have been distributed? Sheer curiosity.... CHEERS!

can you say what bugs you have rather than passive-aggressively referring to them? this will help them be known.

i don't spend a bunch of time browsing forums looking for what bugs people have reported a while ago.

Try raw garlic, Cliff. Boosts the immune system and gets you plenty of "me" time when you feel better.

I am no expert by any means and I only use a hand full of existing presets that I have modified to match my needs and taste. When I first started using the AX8, I experienced jumps in volume primarily when changing presets. After doing some research I realized that I had to add null filters in most presets to get them to an even volume level so I would not experience large volume jumps when changing presets and so I could have a boost switch for lead work. This may not be your exact problem but I thought I would mention it just in case.

If you are experiencing large jumps in volume and changes in I/O randomly, I would suggest you call tech support and talk to them. You may have a defective unit that needs repair. I have never in two years of regular gigging experienced this kind of behavior. It sound like a hardware bug to me.

Good luck. I hope you can get your issue resolved.

Mainly Random extreme Volume jumps when switching presets and randomly resetting all of my I/O parameters. I absolutely love my Ax8. I know how amazing it is, but I think I’m allowed to me frustrated too. The volume jumps are extremely noticeable at gigs, especially when playing larger stages
The resetting of IO parameters is caused by shutting the unit down to quickly, try waiting 10 seconds after doing anything to the unit before shutting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom