Realistically, when??

i'd bet a lot of those on the waiting list would be very happy with just stuffing it in a box and shipping. but would surely complain that there wasn't a manual in the box LOL

They aren't "ordering units". They are ordering components and assembling them here in the US. Hopefully they have been working on assembling units for a while and will have good supply to meet initial demand quicker than they have in the past. I have no way of knowing what the status is, but FAS has said that they are assembling units themselves, not having them made in China, or elsewhere.

Last minute changes to the firmware mean last minute changes to the manual. Getting the units assembled, manuals printed (why even provide printed manuals in this day), and firmware finalized and tested for the release must be a huge undertaking. I'd rather FAS take the time to get these details right than rush it out before it's ready.

You understood what I meant, I haven't hung on every word Clif or FAS has said with regards to where it's being put together nor can I remember it all it was just a thought. Either way it doesn't matter it will be ready when it ready and we will all know when!

I was kind of surprised the FX8 came with a printed manual. It's nice having that, but it's hardly necessary when we can just read the online copy which can be perpetually updated as needed.

So I just emailed sales about if they knew where I was in line, and they said they "don't have that type of information."

Is that the wrong email address to be emailing? Or do they truly don't know?

So I just emailed sales about if they knew where I was in line, and they said they "don't have that type of information."

Is that the wrong email address to be emailing? Or do they truly don't know?

Didn't you read your confirmation email? It specifically asks you to not contact them requesting this information.

I'm treating this like a Kickstarter project. Meaning despite all the hype and promises, the actual delivery is probably 6 month to 1 year passed the promised shipping date. :)

I just picked up a nice string of gigs so I REALLY could use this by 11-1 at the latest....... Just sayin

Yeah... I just got a new monthly gig, small place but good crowds... good pay... quick and small load in / out is important. Plus getting back to rehearsals with just a Pedalboard and guitar would be great... this 2-3 trips to the truck sucks right now.

I was kind of surprised the FX8 came with a printed manual. It's nice having that, but it's hardly necessary when we can just read the online copy which can be perpetually updated as needed.

i doubt the printing of a manual is the hold up. it's the writing of it, and they even skipped a section in the FX8 manual to get that one finished faster (it seems).

so whether it's in the box or not, the manual has to be completed before customers receive the gear. among many other things.

it's coming guys. asking the FAS guys more about its status just slows it down for everyone.

I just picked up a nice string of gigs so I REALLY could use this by 11-1 at the latest....... Just sayin ��

I'm sure Cliff would have hurried up and finished the Ax8 a lot faster if he had known that.......... just sayin...........and just pulling your leg............ sort of ,-)

It'll be ready when it's ready.

They aren't "ordering units". They are ordering components and assembling them here in the US. Hopefully they have been working on assembling units for a while and will have good supply to meet initial demand quicker than they have in the past. I have no way of knowing what the status is, but FAS has said that they are assembling units themselves, not having them made in China, or elsewhere.
FAS has never said they were "assembling units themselves" -- only that the units were being "made in the USA."

In all likelihood, they're working with a local manufacturer or management company that helps them source parts, has relationships with PCB manufacturing partners, can load firmware, assemble, and has built test rigs for each PCB/sub-assembly/board along with rigs for whole unit testing. There are entire market segments devoted to handling this for companies like FAS.

The idea that FAS has some guys sitting in their back office soldering boards together is just... well, let's all hope that's not the case. :)

Back
Top Bottom