Realistic price of the FM3 in the UK after Brexit

Did a quick check on G66's site with a FC-6, and I see this for shipping to Guildford:

UPS Standard
Shipping Free of Charge for orders over EUR 200. We are taking care of any duty, customs documents etc., only the 20% UK VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver the parcel to you.

• Sum:
    €531.93
  • Shipping costs:
    €0.00
  • Total amount:
    €531.93

Its not G66.EU doing anything different here due to Brexit, they will continue to sell at the same prices which are I'm sure governed by Fractal.
Its the Customs duties you now need to worry about since January 1st 2021.
As we know, G66.EU use UPS, so I would suggest checking this page from UPS themselves on Brexit matters.

https://www.ups.com/gb/en/services/international-trade/brexit-resource.page

You just have to check the pages, there is a page on how brexit is affecting UPS shipments between the UK and EU. Worth ringing UPS to find out more if you're concerned as it is they who can provide you everything you need to know.

This may help also from the UK Government website:

https://www.gov.uk/transition?utm_c...nt=ukb__act0&gclid=CPSoh_3nse4CFQbRGwodrW8JKA

Last edited:
Hi, i was guessing that Chrisjnyc had cleared up this question....
As i read it, GU66 would supply fractal products without the German VAT, and all import duty, customs documentation taken care of. Postage would only be added for orders under 200euros...
So when the item is delivered to the UK, we would only be liable for the 20% uk VAT..

I wonder if someone from G66 could confirm this?

Seems Brexit has made fractal products more expensive for us in the UK :(

Hi, i was guessing that Chrisjnyc had cleared up this question....
As i read it, GU66 would supply fractal products without the German VAT, and all import duty, customs documentation taken care of. Postage would only be added for orders under 200euros...
So when the item is delivered to the UK, we would only be liable for the 20% uk VAT..

I wonder if someone from G66 could confirm this?

Seems Brexit has made fractal products more expensive for us in the UK :(
You will definitely not be paying more than you would have done before the Brexit. G66 is charging the price without VAT and UPS will charge the VAT. Shipping to the UK is free of charge for orders over EUR 200 and G66 is taking care of any duty and UPS fees as well as the documents for the customs clearance.

Thanks Ole, that's great news....
I guess the only price difference of Brexit is the 1% difference between Germany's 19% VAT and UK's 20% VAT.....i can easily live with the 1% hike... :)

Reactions: Ole
Vague, as in not mentioning import tax, where VAT is paid, courier admin fees......
As for worth it....what is it??
I guess from your response, your happy to pay double they cost in the US?
As there's an UK-EC agreement this means that VAT numbers and free trade agreements etc remain valid and that there will be no double taxation. If you want more, you'll have to look here : https://ec.europa.eu/info/publicati...changes-overview-consequences-and-benefits_de.
All is in the first two responses on the right side of the document you can download.

My FM3 was due to be delivered last Thursday. It has cleared customs and is in transit but is ‘experiencing delays due to Brexit’. There was communication required to get release from customs, but no fees were required at that point although VAT will have to be invoiced at some point. Sussi did say that they were taking action to ensure that UK customers did not suffer, but I have no idea how long that may continue. Maybe they are just covering pre Brexit orders as an act of good faith.

When shipping to Great Britain, we don’t charge any VAT, the 20% VAT will be charged by UPS when they deliver the parcel to you. We are temporarely deducting a 3% discount to make sure you won’t be paying more than you would have done before the Brexit and we are taking care of the customs documents etc.

Customs contacted me asking me a number of questions which I did not know the answer to - apparently all of this information is stated on the documentation that G66 attach to the parcel which maybe became detached from mine, I don’t know. I just explained what it was and that it was a consumer electronics device intended for home use and they released it.

I have purchased multiple times from G66 and they have always been spot on for service.

Reactions: Ole
Back
Top Bottom