Real Peavey 5150 II, Axe Preset Inside, Kemper Profile!

Just checked it out, I think all 3 tones sound good in their own way, but the Axe FX PVH 6160 Block = 5150 i, not 5150 ii o_O

Still great tone either way...
Love me some 5150! :tongueclosed:

Thanks for sharing man

Just checked it out, I think all 3 tones sound good in their own way, but the Axe FX PVH 6160 Block = 5150 i, not 5150 ii o_O

Still great tone either way...
Love me some 5150! :tongueclosed:

Thanks for sharing man
Have also 5150 I with Mesa tubes inside + but is fucked up now hahah :D Next comparison will be with my own Mesa DR Rev.F 1992 - let's see :D

Stay Metal!

This is a testament to being able to dial in killer tones and how far technology has come. All of them sound sick!! PS... you should share this IR.
Working on full cab/preset pack for Axe. But i think can share this one preset with my cab IR for free. Can post later in this thread. Thx Guys! Nice to listen "normal" people not only Blinde Fanboys like on Kemper forum!

Stay Metal!

Any chance of some K100 love in there? :p

K100's and an Audix i5 are the ultimate metal tone! IMHO YMMV
Have K100 loaded now into my Marshall MF400 4x12 cab, * Ohm version so can put also into my other cabs, one problem with K100 annoying fizz arround 3.2 Khz :D Let's see.
BTW Don't like i5 also hahaha prefer more Heil PR20 or Lewitt 240Pro.

Stay Metal!

one problem with K100 annoying fizz arround 3.2 Khz ...
BTW Don't like i5

yeah...there's a bit of Foreplay involved, you gotta dial her in just right... and then you dial back the amp gain and get really articulate palm-muted-triplets. It's fucken glorious my friend :smilingimp::D

Also... the MF400 is the unsung-king of metal cabs guaranteed*
do you have MF400 'A' or 'B'? :eek:

*This is not a guarantee.

I have a Frankenstein Marshall cab that sounds absolutely menacing .. 2 old gt-75s, 1 k100 and a cv75. Gonna be shooting more SS neutral IR's of that and my stiletto cab soon(it's the only usage they get anymore).

I can whip up some crappy demos really quick of what I have but I only grabbed a few random IR's a few months ago.

nah, dont go to any trouble on my behalf fella, it's just I'm a sucker for 'unorthodox' methods in music production, Frankenstein cabs included:p ;)

I've noticed that the fractal consistently is a bit leaner in the low end than its tube counterparts. That said; SinMix has magical cabs or something.

yeah...there's a bit of Foreplay involved, you gotta dial her in just right... and then you dial back the amp gain and get really articulate palm-muted-triplets. It's fucken glorious my friend :smilingimp::D

Also... the MF400 is the unsung-king of metal cabs guaranteed*
do you have MF400 'A' or 'B'? :eek:

*This is not a guarantee.
TBH dont know which version i have :D MF loaded now ith 2xv30 one G12 classic Lead and K100, 1960AV - v30, g12t75, greenback and creamback :D

Stay Metal!

Attachments

• IMG_20171124_105215_509.jpg
    IMG_20171124_105215_509.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20171207_135251_563.jpg
    IMG_20171207_135251_563.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 13
Holyshit man! You got a right beauty there mate, sounds stellar. Great riffage as well...

GT75 Top 57 & K100 VR1 are doin' it for me. Never knew I liked GT75's....

I need an album of that stuff mate kthnxbai :D

Thanks, man.. they were just sloppy, quick IR's but I'll be doing am extensive pack at some point if I like them enough. I also usually hate gt-75s but these ones sound a bit different than every other that I've hear/played/toured with. I'd love to know what SinMix's mic technique (or maybe it's just the mics) he uses and the capture method though... his sound fantastic

Back
Top Bottom