real amp plus axe-fx direct feed...

rudomat

Inspired
when running different amps/speakers at the same time, i know, you have to check whether they´re in phase...do i have to check that as well, when running a real amp/speaker miced together with an axe-fx-direct feed...?
if yes, how could i do that...?
thanks a lot!

Yes you have to.

The simplest way that comes to mind is to flip the output phase of the Axe-Fx and check wich setting sounds better.

If you are recording, you can move the mic or you can move one of the tracks in the DAW.

Yes you have to.

The simplest way that comes to mind is to flip the output phase of the Axe-Fx and check wich setting sounds better.

If you are recording, you can move the mic or you can move one of the tracks in the DAW.
thanks...how would you flip the axes´ output phase...? with the output 1/2 phase setting in the I/O-settings´ audio-tab, correct?
thanks

I what instance would you be concerned about this? I have recently set up my axe to run direct to FOH on out1 & to a head/cab set up on out2. The head cab is for me to hear on stage. Should I be concerned about phasing?

I don't think so, usually the FOH array will cover your stage volume. People very close to the stage will hear a very little from the FOH.

Back
Top Bottom