Real amp most like "Das Metall"?

pipboy90

If you had to pick an amp that exists in real life that sounds/feels the most like the Das Metall model on the Axe, what would it be?

I realize the model is supposed to be a tweaked-by-ear Diezel VH4, but the Dizzy model sounds nothing like Das Metall. I haven't played a real VH4 to compare.

The Herbie model on Ch 3 sounds similar...

Last edited:
probably some kind of Engl...maybe Invader, or Special Edition..

I always thought Das Metal sounded like a tighter, bassier 2 channel Recto Red model. ENGL Invader might be something in the ballpark. At least that's what Misha Mansoor was playing before recording the first Periphery record (which was Das Metal into an ENGL cab)

I always thought Das Metal sounded like a tighter, bassier 2 channel Recto Red model. ENGL Invader might be something in the ballpark. At least that's what Misha Mansoor was playing before recording the first Periphery record (which was Das Metal into an ENGL cab)

That might have been one of the amps used on the album but Misha has said he used FAS Modern. Jake has also said they used Das and the Recto. I think they used all those amps tbh.

It sounds like a EVH 5150III on the blue channel with a Precision Drive to tighten it up to me. Just keep the master low to keep the bottom end tight and you'll be in the ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom