Real Amp into SRL with Axe3 Amp in stereo

rickgk

Experienced
Hi All,

Last night i was trying to setup a stereo patch within the axe3 with my real amp into my Suhr Reactive Load on the left and an Axe3 amp model on the right.
I use the 4cm with the amp also.

I want to use the axe3 cab models with the amp model, and the option to use either an axe3 cab model with the loaded down amp or bypass that block and use two-notes wos plugin for the real amp.

Problem is I couldn't get the real amp and model to pan correctly, i tried panning the cabs, and panning the output block but there always seemed to be bleed and weird phase.

I have no trouble setting up a stereo patch with an a/b box with the real amp into load box direct to daw and the axe3 direct to daw but then I lose the benefits of 4cm with the amp.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

The phase alignment will be off because of A/D conversion (latency) on the amp to reactive load. The axe is super low latency but it’s enough to mis-align it.
With 4cm you are adding another conversion to the equation as well, so even more latency.

Use a DAW to view L+R, and delay the modeled amp path with something that can do micro-delays, like the flanger block, leaving mix at 0 if not wanting the Flanger etc, to be in phase with the real amp.

I'm not as worried about the phase (i can mess with that) as much as the panning, I just can't figure out why i can't pan the loaded down amp into the axe left and the modelled amp right

Watching this with interest, just ordered my Axe Fx iii mark ii to do exactly this with my amps and Waza Tube Expander. Hope you find a resolution I can leverage as well!

Watching this with interest, just ordered my Axe Fx iii mark ii to do exactly this with my amps and Waza Tube Expander. Hope you find a resolution I can leverage as well!
You can, put amp and modeled amp on separate rows, feeding a mixer block, and pan where you want etc.

Did it for years with my Axe II.

You can, put amp and modeled amp on separate rows, feeding a mixer block, and pan where you want etc.

Did it for years with my Axe II.
Will be the first thing I try tomorrow when my unit arrives! Talk about exciting 🤯

Will be the first thing I try tomorrow when my unit arrives! Talk about exciting 🤯
Cool, and remember, the two paths will be out of phase, so you'll need to micro-delay the modeled amp to match the external amp (due to the additional A/D - D/A). See above for how I did it.

Back
Top Bottom