Real ADT Britt800 FW 14!!!

midifine

Inspired
For those who want a Artificial Double Tracking Plugin, from Waves, Reel ADT, just listen and give a comment, Amp Britt800, Cab OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern. IMHO the best on the Market... first take stereo track only, second with the ADT, Factory Default Preset.

Last edited:
The amp sound is good, but the double tracking effect is terrible IMO...no your fault, its just that it sounds so unnatural and i hear some phase issues....

Still... nothing matches doing a real double take.

The amp sound is good, but the double tracking effect is terrible IMO...no your fault, its just that it sounds so unnatural and i hear some phase issues....

Still... nothing matches doing a real double take.

My thoughts exactly. You need to remember that during that second take, there will be some part of it that will sit perfectly over the first take and it's only subtle nuances that "thicken" up the sound. That plugin makes it sound like the second take is just a copy of the first delayed by a few milliseconds. No substitute for the real thing IMO.

Go listen to the clip on a cell phone (or mono setting on a stereo), you'll realize quickly why the ADT thing shouldn't be used. Mono sounds become strange like a digital chorus effect.

The enhancer block on the Axe II may do a better job at this artificial double tracking?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Phase issues. Unusable if you ask me.
While we're on the topic...anyone had any luck with using 2 amps, panning L-R and making it sound nice and big in the axe-fx?
I've always doubled (or tripled) my guitar tracks, but I'm doing an album now, where I hope I can end up using just one track.
It has a different vibe (Van Halen etc.).

K

Phase issues. Unusable if you ask me.
While we're on the topic...anyone had any luck with using 2 amps, panning L-R and making it sound nice and big in the axe-fx?
I've always doubled (or tripled) my guitar tracks, but I'm doing an album now, where I hope I can end up using just one track.
It has a different vibe (Van Halen etc.).

K

There are so many presets on this plug in and a lot of possibilities to work with.. here is another Clean Demo.. I don't make any promotion to Waves Plugins, but I think they made a good job at this one;)

why is everyone all about artificial double tracking lately, are they all just lazy? just play it again, if you can play it once you can do it twice that's just how you do it. seems like people spend more time trying to futz with these plugins and settings in the axe when they could have just put down a good second take. i mean if you really want to be lazy just play the part perfectly twice, then cut it in half and put the second part on another track and just copy and paste.

yes... the real thing is another world... and you can (ad it's a good thing) change the tone (amp... cab... etc) of the second track

Back
Top Bottom