Real 4x12 cab issue

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I have a massive rig with a VHT 2902 tube amp and four KRANK 4X12 cabs in stereo. I can't seem to go IR/cab sims. Just can't take that step but I have tried to cut my rig size down by using a Marshall 1960 4x12 in stereo. The issue is palm muting around 3rd fret G chord, the cab sounds thick and chunky until that area on the neck and then it loses its oomph. Its fine in the KRANKS and my amp guy says maybe its a phase issue with the one Marshall in stereo and he said he could put a divider down the middle of the cab to fix it. Any suggestions that might help?

Sounds like a resonance issue... I have had this happen before with running a stereo 412 cab. You could put a divider in the cab or just get a pair of vertical 212's, the better of the two fixes as you can shrink or spread the cabs to fit you stage space.

Sounds like a resonance issue... I have had this happen before with running a stereo 412 cab. You could put a divider in the cab or just get a pair of vertical 212's, the better of the two fixes as you can shrink or spread the cabs to fit you stage space.

Thanks! Gives me something else to consider.

I've never understood stereo 412s. While two speakers are pushing, the other two may be pulling. Wreaks havoc internally on a sealed cab. Putting a separation panel internally makes a lotta sense. Or, 2 212s. Move the same air, but with higher fidelity and less cancellation.

Thats what it was. The Krank stacks were fine and the Marshall in stereo wasn't so I put two Marshall cabs together in stereo and its fine. Cancellation problem splitting one cab in stereo. Go figure. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom