Ready for the show ...

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
Just before a Xmas show.
Fractal Power on stage.
My Axe FX III with D&B Max 12 monitor, Second guitar player with FM3 and Xitone cab, and the guest station for the 3 other guitar players who guested that night, using the FM9 with presets programmed for each of them.
Amazing sound on stage! All guitars flat at the board, great sound in the audience too!

IMG_0163.jpg

I miss the Caribbean ….spent the better part of the last two decades of the 1900s floating around it on my multivarious cruise gigs and occasional island shows,…wish I had any part of your truly awesome setup back then….though I did try to use modern tech of the time through mostly some truly horrid PAs…….
Where was this if I may be so bold to ask?

On a ship in the Southern Caribbean. I've been Music Directing here for a few (many) years. So I have my permanent set up.
Pre pandemic I did up to 240 gigs a year here and around the islands.
I thought so…it definitely had that cruise lounge look.….
Christmas cruises……..Think I did every one between 83 and 95…
They could be either exceptionally fun or nightmarish….no inbetween in my experience…..
I guess we didnt work together…..we woulda hung…I did hard time with Royal Caribbean and NCL mostly but eventually all the lines as a traveling act.. and occasional Cruise Director…
Have a happy New Year onboard if you are there….now that is always a marathon of ……………….?

I have one of my Axe's in a 4U as well. Tell us about the stand you have for it. That looks like a good way to get it out in front of you instead of where mine is - always stashed offstage. Lol.

They could be either exceptionally fun or nightmarish….no inbetween in my experience…..
My gig here is very out of the ordinary and not something I generally discuss on the forum.
But I will say this: I deal with exceptional people. I've had the honor to host the best of the best and interact with amazing performers. So I guess we fit in the "exceptionally fun" category.

I have one of my Axe's in a 4U as well. Tell us about the stand you have for it. That looks like a good way to get it out in front of you instead of where mine is - always stashed offstage. Lol.
I bought one of these combo amp stands and hack-sawed it to size and then screwed it into a rolling platform. Definitely custom set up. Super practical for my permanent rig.

I used to schlep this all over the place when I did gigs on land.
Then I got am FM3 for fly dates and small gigs.
Between me and the other guitarists I work with, we have 6 Fractal units. And another 2 about to be purchased.
I think when we get all of them here I'll take another shot just for fun!!!

Exactly.
Having to handle a LOT of styles and varied music, I sometimes can't learn ALL the tunes, so I have an iPad and I use ForScore as an app for pdf charts display. The Ped Airturn is pretty cool as a page turner.

I use ForScore
Ohh. This looks potentially better than GoodNote for scores. I use GoodNote for everything note taking and PDF-markup but it's so-so for writing out charts and using them. How is it for writing your charts? Good? Or is mostly just for viewing charts and making notes on them?

Ohh. This looks potentially better than GoodNote for scores. I use GoodNote for everything note taking and PDF-markup but it's so-so for writing out charts and using them. How is it for writing your charts? Good? Or is mostly just for viewing charts and making notes on them?
I use Logic to write charts. I use ForScore as a PDF viewer/markup tool. I guess like GoodNote? Never checked that one out.
I got into ForScore because the band I played with all used it and shared their entire set lists, annotated, in sequence over bluetooth.
The bass player and the drummer are linked so that when the bass played turns his page, the drummer's chart also flips to the next page.

For chart writing, I use 2 programs: Logic for more complex stuff, and iReal Pro for basic chord grids. I can transpose in both so that's very useful.
I also export my iReal Book charts to PDF to integrate them into my set lists.

Samples attached below:

Attachments

• Merry Christmas Everybody.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Here I Am - Chord Chart (Eb).pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom