Ready for the Amp Show

I wish I did any fly dates. I only fly to meet clients. But it pays for the gear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helixs interface IS well designed.

But I use the Axe FX 2 in the studio mostly. And Axe Edit makes any thing you want to do with the Ax FX quick and easy to do. Maybe Helix someday will have something as good. Maybe not.

So the interface discussion is moot with me, and the real importance still resides with the sounds I get out of the unit. And at this point Ax tones are so good I dont pine for anything else.

As much talk (and deservedly) about the Helix good looks, there is definitely something very ..mm.. Fractal Audio looking about these. There is definitely an potent aesthetic here. That picture totally makes me wish I had one.

The helix screen is cool but for me the reality is I can't read the freakin thing without glasses. I can still hear though, and I'm guessing that's where the Axe shines

As much talk (and deservedly) about the Helix good looks, there is definitely something very ..mm.. Fractal Audio looking about these. There is definitely an potent aesthetic here. That picture totally makes me wish I had one.

Here's a little video of the AX8 some of the staff at Fractal and I did (Mark, Joe and Matt). The thing sounds great!!! All guitar parts are AX8. Matt played all the keyboards and bass, Joe on drums and I played all guitars and sang all the vocal parts. It's an old Toto tune for Toto IV (Lovers In The Night).

The AX8 is going to be a game changer!!!

Fun stuff!!

Last edited:
Here's a little video of the AX8 some of the staff at Fractal and I did (Mark, Joe and Matt). The thing sounds great!!! All guitar parts are AX8. Matt played all the keyboards and bass, Joe on drums and I played all guitars and sang all the vocal parts. It's an old Toto tune for Toto IV (Lovers In The Night).
Fun stuff!!

Sounds killer! Fat & squeezy & chewy. Lovingly produced.

How come Matt gets a halo? :)

The AX8 is going to be a game changer!!!

Fun stuff!!

Awesome Mark! Are you going to be in LA this weekend?

oh man, can't freakin wait. nice job on the song and video guys! the pan shot of the ax8 near the end looks quite sexy

What a great video! Well done all around, and Mark your guitar tracks sound awesome!

Video should have it's own thread :)

Back
Top Bottom