Ready for the Amp Show

dunno why but i really want this, even though the axe fx is all i need...

The portability of this thing is what is drawing me to it. As much as I love my Axe Fx II, sometimes dragging along a pedal board with the controller etc is another thing to carry.

The AX8 can be built onto a pedalboard and the only thing you would need is that and a guitar in the other hand.

Yes said:
I hope the AX8 goes up for sale soon as the Helix is shipping to retailers in days. This from L6 on TGP today

"
As soon as Helix ships, which is pretty soon now. Not weeks—days. Emailed the office this morning for an update; just waiting for a reply. The daily reports are looking really good tho'."

UPDATE: Just posted: "Literally just received word: If all goes well, we'll be uploading 1.00 firmware into units in both Newark, CA and Amsterdam, NL this weekend. Those who got their preorders in right away should see their units sometime next week.

So we didn't quite make the end of summer. It was close, tho'. I'll give you all back your dollars—how's that?"

Ill have 45 days to evaluate. CC: Please put ethomas at the top of the list. :)

Last edited:
The portability of this thing is what is drawing me to it. As much as I love my Axe Fx II, sometimes dragging along a pedal board with the controller etc is another thing to carry.

The AX8 can be built onto a pedalboard and the only thing you would need is that and a guitar in the other hand.

Exactly my thoughts on this matter.

Those look great- glad to see FAS bringing these to the market after years of requests, etc. I think these will really help FAS grab a portion of the market they may be missing up to now.

Well I booked my Hotel at Airtel Plaza for the event, it should be a blast. I'm trying to talk my wife into going with me this time. It's going to be like pulling teeth with that one. It's only a 6 1/2 hour drive so leave at 3am and be there by 9:30am. I told her we'll make a great weekend out of it, we'll go eat on the Pier.

Even if the H is superior, which I highly doubt, (have you heard them shadey audio clips?) it'll take Cliff an afternoon and another update to render the thing obsolete.

If I was a gigging musician, I would have jumped on this. Simplicity.

Guitar/CLR/AX8, a few cables...DONE!

While I love the sound and quality of Fractal products, I don't see why this is any simpler than Guitar/Small combo, a few pedals in the gig bag, done. Which is what I've been using lately precisely because it's actually quite a bit easier to carry around. Won't stop me from buying the AX8.

While I love the sound and quality of Fractal products, I don't see why this is any simpler than Guitar/Small combo, a few pedals in the gig bag, done. Which is what I've been using lately precisely because it's actually quite a bit easier to carry around. Won't stop me from buying the AX8.

For me it's the variety of tones.

A small combo + pedals won't sound like a roaring Marshall - the AX8 will.

The LA Amp show is Oct 3 & 4th and the AX8 is supposed to be released Oct 1st(if not sooner, hopefully), so you should be able to buy it online sooner than the amp show...

Supposed to be released Oct 1st? Has this been confirmed by Fractal other than the statement months ago they were shooting for Oct 1st?

Because I can have that versatility (my wall of combo amps), and that I can go FOH (no miking!).

Imagine being someone who does a lot of fly dates, where you depend on the backline gear ( not always the best maintained ), instead of putting your gear underneath the plane in separate racks, you can now carry it on in your backpack... always the exact same tone... no more worrying about the airlines getting your gear to the show on time, or the handlers throwing your gear from train to plane...

Besides, it's just SEXY ! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom