Ready for the Amp Show

The eight main footswitches are assignable per preset. A screen shows you at glance what each switch controls. The function switches are configurable globally.

That sounds awesome. It’s going to be really interesting to see the different layout options between presets, scenes and blocks. I would assume that presets will become more important again as it will only be possible to have two amp sounds so it’ll probably be easier to do clean, crunch, lead on one screen with presets rather than with scenes. Definitely looking forward to downsizing from a separate foot controller and rack unit.

I'll say it first.. The AX-8 is Butt Ugly in comparison to the Helix.. Please offer other colors than the "Henry Ford" Black :)

I'll say it first.. The AX-8 is Butt Ugly in comparison to the Helix.. Please offer other colors than the "Henry Ford" Black :)

I like the more 'industrial' look of the Fractal products. Besides, when it comes to making comparisons to other gear, I'm more interested in what's under the hood ;)

I'd much rather see R&D money spent on sound quality and functionality than design aesthetics. No doubt, Helix has a slick interface but the really important things for a gigging musician are the sound quality and reliability. Helix will look fantastic for a lot of people living in their mom's basement. ;)

I'd much rather see R&D money spent on sound quality and functionality than design aesthetics. No doubt, Helix has a slick interface but the really important things for a gigging musician are the sound quality and reliability. Helix will look fantastic for a lot of people living in their mom's basement. ;)

Exactly my thoughts.

I'm all for color in most walks of life, including stage gear, BTW. I wanted a Rocktron Piranha just because of the red color. and the Rocktron foot controller when it was blue. But an AX8 should not be red.

It's been done.

Yellow would be nice and visible on a dark stage. I always try to buy yellow handtools because I have to search too hard for black screwdrivers.

Just curious, on the amp show website Fractal is listed as one of the companies giving away prizes, anyone know what it is they'll be giving?

Back
Top Bottom