Reading and savin block definitions

djidoe

Inspired
Since I installed FW 11.01, AE3 is reading and saving block definitions EVERY TIME I load It... Is that normal ? I thaught AE3 would read and save it once... Not every time I open it...

Same here - just uploaded FW 11.01 plus the new banks and now AE goes through that block reading thing on every start of AE - did not do that before the FW upload (Win 7 64 - used as admin).

Not the end of the world, just a little annoying as the block reading takes a while.

Same hier, Win7

It's got to do with the user rights restrictions for the application Folder (on my german System it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit")

If you change the user rights to full access, then the Definition file can be written into the application Folder. But.. this is not a real fix.

@Fractal: Seems that you shold write the definition file "effectDefinitions.cache" to another Location.

Cheers Thomas

Same hier, Win7

It's got to do with the user rights restrictions for the application Folder (on my german System it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit")

If you change the user rights to full access, then the Definition file can be written into the application Folder. But.. this is not a real fix.

@Fractal: Seems that you shold write the definition file "effectDefinitions.cache" to another Location.

Cheers Thomas

Absolutely, this is the problem.

I ran into this problem as well. Running AE3 as admin did not make a difference either, but replacing the file with the one from AlGrenadine worked!

Since Windows Vista, software should never write to the Program Files folder after the initial install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Back
Top Bottom