Read The Manual

• Thread starter Deleted member 47387
  • Start date
Real men DO read manuals...:cool: Ones with pictures are the most helpful.
Real men aren't afraid to admit they're too dumb to figure out anything on their own.

Those who don't read manuals are either trying to compensate for something or want to feel like they're smart by figuring something out, even if it takes them years and several trips the the hospital for stitches in the forehead.

Since I have to read the manual before translating I have to say that I learned more with this activity than trying to get to any result with my own knowledge. Add to this that Fractal manuals are well done and explain more than the simple unit panels (think to the cab parameters).
If I don't understand something I try to find out what behind that. Obviously reading a manual is time consuming but cost and benefit analysis leads me to the many pro of that.

I read the manual a year ago, and recently revisited it.

Seems like they have added a lot of information.

Have they been elaborating, updating, improving the manual?

Or is my memory that bad

To go along with reading the manual...use the search function on the forum as well. I was about to ask what I thought was a question not asked (minimum length of a trs cable for an expression pedal to fc-12) and sure enough, a quick search revealed a detailed thread about it. I understand a large portion of people would rather just have an instant answer but research always pays off.

On the subject of reading the manual first. I prefer to stumble around a bit without reading to see if things are intuitive and user friendly. Once I hit a wall, I check the manual. I will admit I was guilty of asking my first question without RTFM though.

My manual wasn’t in the box ? Did I have to ask for a printed one? Or I didn’t see it /is it underneath the inner box ?
Printed manuals are pretty rare anymore. Download and save a copy to your computer desktop.
One tip; with the manual open, use the search function (CTRL + F (Windows) or CMD + F (Mac)) and type in a keyword or two for what you're looking for. I've found it's quick and easy to find exactly what I need that way.

Well, real men never read the manual...
Seems I am not real man... I even read the manual of equipment I am going to buy....
Ahah I think he was joking!? Otherwise when dealing with heavy machinery those words are the instructions for certain death

I have so many questions... is there a master class anywhere in NYC? Maybe like a seminar even ?

I have never been one to read the manual, mainly because excitement has got the better of me and I have just literally dived in and turned every basic dial till I have got a reasonable sound, but thats all it has ever been just a good sound. Then I sat down and started to read the Manual because I really wanted to re-create my old 70's Marshall 100w Super Lead tone. Why oh why did I not do this years ago ??? The difference has been phenomenal. I have now gone from a good sound to amazing. Just a few tweaks here and there in the advanced settings has really turned things around.
Now I understand why people on the forum advise you to read the Manual. I'm now reading it again and when I have finished I will read again and perhaps again
+1000

The manual is great, I just re-read it this weekend in fact (new version is out for firmware 5.x).

Pick up new nuggets and ideas every time I do!

The manual is worth reading a few times. I only wish there was version/change control info included in updates to the manual- like there is in the firmware update release notes. A minor point.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "Membro excluído 47387, post: 1732822"] Eu nunca fui de ler o manual, principalmente porque a emoção me dominou e eu literalmente mergulhei e girei todos os dials básicos até ter uma resposta razoável. som, mas isso é tudo que já foi apenas um bom som. Então me sentei e comecei a ler o Manual porque eu realmente queria recriar o meu velho tom de chumbo Marshall 100w Super 70. Por que oh porque eu não fiz isso anos atrás? A diferença foi fenomenal. Eu agora passei de um bom som para incrível. Apenas alguns ajustes aqui e ali nas configurações avançadas realmente mudaram as coisas.
Agora eu entendo porque as pessoas no fórum recomendam que você leia o Manual. Agora estou lendo de novo e quando tiver terminado, lerei novamente e talvez novamente [/ QUOTE]
E muito importante ler o manual sim, queria poder fazer umas sugestoes ao pessoal da fractal audio principalmente a respeito do manual do axe fx 3 que e um equipamento excelente . Mais queria que o manual do axe fx 3 tivesse mais ilustracoes porque como ele é vendido praticamente no mundo inteiro e varios idiomas diferentes seria mais facil para nos olharmos as ilustracoes. Porque o equipamento é muito bom mais a gente fica limitado por nao saber usalo, e tambem mais videos tutorias mais nao so de demonstracoes de efeitos mais sim ensinando a gente a explorar o aparelho ao maximo . Nao sei porque mais nos videos vejo sons e efeitos maravilhosos mais nunca consigo reproduzir o mesmo som com o meu axe fx 3 e nao é por falta de equipamentos de qualidade nao é porque nao estou sabendo como chegar la . QUERIA SABER ONDE ESTOU ERRANDO

I get what everyone is saying about reading the manual. And I have read it more than twice, and some sections more than that.

What I find most interesting, is that almost everyone in these forums, and in this thread specially even mentioned reading the manual at least 2 times, and some 3 or 4 times. I don't know about most of you, but when I buy electronics or guitar gear, I rarely read manuals once let alone more than once. And I'm able to get up and running on my own, with the rare exception where I might need to refer to a specific part in a manual when necessary.

This alone should tell everyone that this is NOT a straight forward product to understand if it requires reading a manual several times!

Personally speaking I'm very tech savvy and understand even more difficult technical concepts. With that said I'm a much more visual learner and it helps me personally to have videos (picture is worth a thousand words). Videos and better visual diagrams would help me tremendously. I suspect based on the number of people that read the manual multiples times, many AF3 users would also benefit greatly from these as well.

IMO FAS needs to improve the documentation rather than always relying on the forums to provide information to customers. Especially since I've often been told something that was incorrect or an approach that didn't work for my configuration.

With all this said, I love the Axe FX III, I love the tones and its powerful capabilities. Which is exactly why I bought it in the first place. I just wish it had better visual and example documentation so it was easier to get and running more quickly.

This alone should tell everyone that this is NOT a straight forward product to understand if it requires reading a manual several times!

I think it's a pretty straightforward product. When I got mine, I never read the manual. I remember the only things I needed help with were BYPASS MODE and the fact that the default CC numbers in the I/O menu were not included in the book; that omission was remedied in about 2011.

Also, the fact many of us are older, and very busy, means that we don't always remember what we read once. In this sense, think of the manual as more of a "Handy Reference" than a "How To". Finally, some readers just come back because it is a thrilling read with several exciting twists (but zero "CLIFF HANGERS", LOL). In fact, some people say that it is better than Game of Thrones Season 8!

Back
Top Bottom