Read the Manual!

electronpirate

Axe-Master
I received my Axe III yesterday. Still in the setup phase, but have done enough to hook it up and run through the Presets. There is some learning curve there for the UI, but have managed so far. No review here, but I spent the 1st 2 hours just working through the cleans (and my snazzy new Nash Tele), and they are STELLAR.

To the point: It had been a few years since I've read a manual, and took the opportunity today to run through the III's latest edition. It's impressive what is covered, various instructionals on common things, and general information on the thought process' behind the flow on the new unit.

I highly recommend (even FAS veterans) reading through this, or at minimum scan it over for the areas that concern you regarding general editing via the UI, Cab selection, Connections, etc. Well worth the time and will derail very many questions.

Well done FAS.

Agree. There are things here that have never existed before, or are implemented in new ways. You're missing out on a lot of added power if you don't read up on it. Well written, and worth your time.

Thanks all, for the very kind compliments.

In fact I just now uploaded a major new version of the manual to the Fractal Audio web site. It now includes the detail on every effect block and parameter, plus additional FAQ throughout. At this point, one could even call it complete!

There are two companion documents that will be released: 1) a new version of the Tone Match Mini Manual, and 2) A guide for Using the Axe-Fx III with an FC Series Controller.

Thanks all, for the very kind compliments.

In fact I just now uploaded a major new version of the manual to the Fractal Audio web site. It now includes the detail on every effect block and parameter, plus additional FAQ throughout. At this point, one could even call it complete!

typo:
at the bottom of page 106, in the note about pitch block feedback "inside" vs "after", second sentence:

With the pitch shift inside the feedback loop the delay, each repeat is shifted again,
should it be "the feedback loop _with_ the delay" ?

Printing out again....;)
Hey, you've been around here long enough that you know you'll have to do that about every six months for the life of this version. :)
Once they get things dialed in you're probably good for the dot releases, but ya usually need to print it out again about every other major release or so. The Release Notes will keep ya kinda in sync, but as it evolves... well you guys that have been around a while know how it is. :D

Back
Top Bottom