Re-naming Ownhammer cabs

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I loaded Cab pack 3 with the Ownhammer cabs into my Axe FX and noticed that the ends of the names of the cabs are all cut off. The names are too long because they all start with Ownhammer spelled out fully for example:

OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_417-H_SS_Live-Modern_XL.syx

So I decided to change it to OH_MAR_-CB_417-H_SS_Live-Modern_XL.syx

When I imported the shortened name with OH instead of Ownhammer fully spelled out, it always reverts to the full original name OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_417-H_SS_Live-Modern_XL.syx.

I tried this several times always with the same result. I tried it with Axe FX Mini Utility and the Axe FXIII. I tried it with Fractal Bot and the Axe FXIIXL+, and I tried it with Axe Manage Cabs in Axe Edit, all with the same results. The name always revert back to the full name. I even tried it with FracTool and got the same results.

Is there any way to re-name cabs and shorten them so the shortened name shows up in the Axe FXIIXL+ and Axe FXIII?

The actual cab name you see in the Axe FX or in Axe Edit is stored as part of the cab file's data and is set when the cab is created. The .syx filename is separate and is only used by your computer. You can rename cabs using Cab Lab or in Axe Edit using Axe Manage Cabs. Right click the cab, select rename, type in the new name, and hit save at the bottom to write the change back to the Axe FX.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom