Re-amping with Reaper Question #432

puny

Hi, I am attempting to follow the fractal wiki regarding this topic. So far I have managed to record a dry stereo track with Reaper, monitor the track wet through the Axe-FX II, but haven't been able to record a wet signal (it is still recording dry.)

Suggestions?

Perhaps I don't understand the question, but you should be able to record both wet and dry at the same time (assuming you are recording via USB). Create two tracks and arm them both for recording. Set the input of one track to USB Channel(s) 1 or 1+2 (for mono or stero) and set the other track for USB Channel(s) 3+4 (I usually record a mono dry but to each his own). Recird, play, punch out, save. Boom. Wet and dry recorded.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but I don't want to make a repeat post either. How do you recab a reamped dry track? (I recorded with a stereo track, input 1 and 2, into a new mono track, input 3, with the cab block turned off.)

Perhaps I don't understand the question, but you should be able to record both wet and dry at the same time (assuming you are recording via USB). Create two tracks and arm them both for recording. Set the input of one track to USB Channel(s) 1 or 1+2 (for mono or stero) and set the other track for USB Channel(s) 3+4 (I usually record a mono dry but to each his own). Record, play, punch out, save. Boom. Wet and dry recorded.

I've done that. What I'm trying to do is re-route the recorded dry signal back through the Axe-FX II, keeping it "within the box" thus sparing it from DA-AD conversion. Or is this not possible? And, if not, is digital reamping possible with the Axe-FX III?

I've done that. What I'm trying to do is re-route the recorded dry signal back through the Axe-FX II, keeping it "within the box" thus sparing it from DA-AD conversion. Or is this not possible? And, if not, is digital reamping possible with the Axe-FX III?
It's never staying "within the box", as the actual recorded files reside on the DAW host computer. As for D/A and A/D conversion, I would assume that there's no way around that, since Reaper stores tracks as wav or flac files (audio). I could be wrong, but that's my guess.

Back
Top Bottom