Re amping using usb cable only question

After I record my dry track in sonar platinum, the problem I have is when I record the wet track to another track, I get a kind of distorted hissy sound and almost like a chamber reverb effect. also the track is recorded in mono and not stereo. What do I do to adjust these problems? Thanx for any help.

Make sure you turn off software track monitoring (I think it's called Input Echo in Sonar), otherwise you'll hear both the live signal from the Axe II and the monitoring signal at the same time. The signal latency between them causes a phased comb filtered type of sound.

To record in stereo, you need to select both USB inputs 1 and 2 for the track input. Those are the wet left and right signals respectively. I think Sonar lists them as a separate stereo pair in addition to each input individually. If so, choose the stereo input pair.

yes the echo is off. i am not sure what you mean by both usb inputs 1 and 2. is that a setting in the i/o menu or the sonar track imput?

Also, don't forget to mute the dry track in Sonar after you reamp so you don't hear it along with the new wet track during playback.

I think i figured this out. I recorded the wet track and what i didnt realize was the Main input source on the axe must be turned from usb back to the analog position. that explained the weird sounds.maybe i was hearing to wet tracks playing at the same time. not sure exactly. Thank you anyway for your help mr fender

Yeah that will do it. If you don't change it back to analog input, your DAW playback gets sent back through the grid for processing. When it's set to analog input, the USB return signal gets mixed with the output after the grid. I wish there was a way to change that setting from Axe Edit so you didn't have to keep going back and forth to the front panel when reamping.

Yeah that will do it. If you don't change it back to analog input, your DAW playback gets sent back through the grid for processing. When it's set to analog input, the USB return signal gets mixed with the output after the grid. I wish there was a way to change that setting from Axe Edit so you didn't have to keep going back and forth to the front panel when reamping.

This is much easier the Axe-Fx III now :)

You have a dedicated IN USB block available, which makes reamping way easier to patch in into an existing patch

In sonar platinum I have to use either the axe or my focusrite audio interface in the preference page to record tracks. Is there away around this if maybe I used spdif cables instead? Then I can load other vst instruments to record in the same project

In sonar platinum I have to use either the axe or my focusrite audio interface in the preference page to record tracks. Is there away around this if maybe I used spdif cables instead? Then I can load other vst instruments to record in the same project

You need to use Asio4All in order to run more than one Asio device. I am using it with the Axe-FX and a Motu Ultralite Mk3 Hybrid with Sonar Platinum

http://www.asio4all.org/

This is much easier the Axe-Fx III now :)

You have a dedicated IN USB block available, which makes reamping way easier to patch in into an existing patch

What was the punishment for those to expose the Axe-FX III advantages at the Axe-FX II section? ;):D

so will this allow me to check all boxes for the axe unit and focusrite interface in the preference page in sonar platinum?

so will this allow me to check all boxes for the axe unit and focusrite interface in the preference page in sonar platinum?

Yes, both audio interfaces will be available to check in Sonar. When you playback for reamping, assign the dry guitar track to the Axe-FX USB Input and the rest of the tracks to the Focusrite.

Yeah ASIO4ALL works pretty well once it's setup correctly. You add both your interfaces to the ASIO4ALL driver, select the inputs and outputs you want active, and then select ASIO4ALL as your audio device in your DAW instead. The cost is a tiny bit of extra latency due to the extra driver layer. Not really noticeable with a reasonably fast CPU though.

It's in the Start menu under ASIO4ALL Off-Line Settings. It will list all recognized audio devices and you can select the inputs and outputs for each you want active in the ASIO4ALL driver. That's where you set the ASIO buffer size for the driver as well.

At my system, ASIO4ALL is not available until I start Sonar. So I cannot configure it until I open Sonar, before loading a project.

However, there is a check-box during the installation named "Off-line settings", disabled by default, that allows the ASIO4ALL control panel to be opened without having the DAW running. I am going to reinstall it using this option. I did not select it because it says "useless"

Follow the instructions here:
http://www.velvetsound.net/userfiles/image/produkty/169/prilohy/lavry-asio4all-setup-english.pdf

Asio4all is not available unti I start Sonar also. I will also reinstall and look for the off line settings option. Thanx for the instructions link.

Back
Top Bottom