Re-amping online WTF ?!?!

Detch

Inspired
Reamping Online
Just saw it. I wonder how it works? How they process the signal through kemper? There is few unit's in the end of chain or they have something like vst plugin? I guess many people will do it at the same time, how they process so many signals at the same time?
Strange thing. Will try it out, just 'cause of curiosity

I'm pretty sure that there's some queueing going on and they only have a couple of units.

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a very clever business model?
Just invest some cash into units that you probably own anyway (if you are a musician) and then set up a quick website with an interface to remote-control your unit? It's just like a professional mastering service - only that customers have to do the work on their own. So practically a pay-for-mastering service without the actual mastering and just the payment. Smart!

And now excuse me. I have a new business idea: People must pay me money for the opportunity to mow my lawn. Don't worry; you can keep the cropped grass. You paid for it!

Actually I've thought of something similar. My idea was for e.g. Ownhammer, that he could offer the possibility for the user to upload a guitar+amp signal, upload it and get a download link for the file run through a specific IR. That way we could actually hear the difference between the different cabs and speakers.

This model is quite similar.

Actually I've thought of something similar. My idea was for e.g. Ownhammer, that he could offer the possibility for the user to upload a guitar+amp signal, upload it and get a download link for the file run through a specific IR. That way we could actually hear the difference between the different cabs and speakers.

This model is quite similar.
There's still a significant difference: with your idea, you pay for the expertize put into capturing and creating the IR. Which is legit. In the re-amping case provided here, there's basicly no service other than the rent of a virtual kemper. And at no(!) point on this website does it give any information about the profiles used for the re-amping process and if they were actually made by them and not just taken from another website (which, btw. is illegal in most cases, unless commercial use is explicitly permitted)

That's definitely something Cliff could do ! :)
This way, nothing could be reverse engineered, like it could if an AxeFX VST plugin would be made...
Very good idea

My friend just tested it.
So it takes 209 sec to give you result. We don't like how it sound in the end, overall the feeling is like they use VST plugins to reamp :)

My friend just tested it.
So it takes 209 sec to give you result. We don't like how it sound in the end, overall the feeling is like they use VST plugins to reamp :)
Mind to upload the dry and wet recording so we can have a look?

Mind to upload the dry and wet recording so we can have a look?

We listen to it online without downloading :(
There was few presets from Ola Englund and someone elses, everything was not good. I ask my friend if he still able to download them or they were deleted

Actually, it does say down the bottom of the page, "Profiles provided by SinMix". I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same people behind both.

Back
Top Bottom