Re-amping Midi Bass Tracks W/ Axe Fx 3 Question

louisgerdon5

Forgive me if there is already a forum somewhere that will answer my question, but I couldn't seem to find one.

So I'm looking into purchasing a midi Bass DI plugin, and after reading through the my Fx 3's manual, I couldn't figure out if there was a way to take the midi track and Re-amp it through the Axe Fx. I know you can download actual bass amp sims to run the DI through, but if there's a way to do this without spending more money and CPU, then I'm all for it.

Quick run down on gear:
Axe Fx 3
PreSonus Audiobox USB Interface
2x Monitors

Thanks

My guess is it would be pretty much the same as re-amping any other DI track.

However, midi itself has no sound...

You would need to have the midi track play a "direct bass" sound (via some sort of sound module or plugin) and then re-amp that signal.

The manual has a section on setting up for that: USB REAMPING on page 21.

The AxeFXIII is a unit ostensibly designed for guitar.

That's not to say some good Bass tones can't be created with it. So as Unix said, with a plugin to create an audio file to Re-amp through the AxeIII, you may get where you want to be.

However, with a plugin specifically designed for bass, you'll have far more options for various tones.

In any case, I notice no mention of a midi device to trigger midi notes in your list of gear. Whilst you can 'draw' midi notes into your DAW, if you prefer a live performance feel you'll at least need a midi keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom