• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Re-amping Midi Bass Tracks W/ Axe Fx 3 Question

louisgerdon5

Forgive me if there is already a forum somewhere that will answer my question, but I couldn't seem to find one.

So I'm looking into purchasing a midi Bass DI plugin, and after reading through the my Fx 3's manual, I couldn't figure out if there was a way to take the midi track and Re-amp it through the Axe Fx. I know you can download actual bass amp sims to run the DI through, but if there's a way to do this without spending more money and CPU, then I'm all for it.

Quick run down on gear:
Axe Fx 3
PreSonus Audiobox USB Interface
2x Monitors

Thanks

unix-guy

Legend!
My guess is it would be pretty much the same as re-amping any other DI track.

However, midi itself has no sound...

You would need to have the midi track play a "direct bass" sound (via some sort of sound module or plugin) and then re-amp that signal.

The manual has a section on setting up for that: USB REAMPING on page 21.

Zedhed

Power User
The AxeFXIII is a unit ostensibly designed for guitar.

That's not to say some good Bass tones can't be created with it. So as Unix said, with a plugin to create an audio file to Re-amp through the AxeIII, you may get where you want to be.

However, with a plugin specifically designed for bass, you'll have far more options for various tones.

In any case, I notice no mention of a midi device to trigger midi notes in your list of gear. Whilst you can 'draw' midi notes into your DAW, if you prefer a live performance feel you'll at least need a midi keyboard.

Top Bottom