Re-amping (and recabing) with Reaper Question #433

tabqwerty

Inspired
How do you recab a dry track after you reamped it / recorded the wet track with the cab block turned off (or are you not supposed to do it that way)?

No one's EVER done this before? Google only had eight results for "axe-fx ii reamping and recabing" with two having all the search words in them, one of them being for the original Axe-FX, the other I can't find after clicking the link. I thought doing both together was standard for editing recordings. Unless I'm just overthinking or missing something.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 4
I use cab lab as a plug-in for reaper. When I record I usually just record the amp tone with the cab block bypassed, but so far we're just doing scratch tracks and writing. When we start actually tracking songs for an album I'll also record the dry track of course.

So, to "recab" I just pick a different cab in the plug-in and it's done. I think you might be having a hard time searching for that because it's not a widely used term? I've never heard of recab'ing anyways, maybe it's just me.

For reamping, you would just route the dry signal out from your DAW, through the axe and then back into the DAW.

Back
Top Bottom