Re=amped my Track with Lonestar Clean

Rezarc SP

Hi all, this is an old (very mellow) song I have had sitting around for ages. I ran the old guitar track through the Lonestar Clean (TX Clean), which I really like for clean stuff.
The original direct guitar track (335) was a bit muddy, so i did the best I could with the source material. There is a tinsy bit of break-up, which I like, but maybe because the guitar pretty much dominates the mix, it may give people the impression that my whole mix is clipping on a few of the notes. I dunno ...

I'll be very curious to see what that the new G3 Lonestar sounds like when it is released.
Cheers

The lonestar is smokin' already. Even pre-G3. Every firmware changes the amps a little and the in the 18b I really like the Lonestar.

Hey Judd, thanks for this inspiring recording! Really, really nice playing and great tone. Would you mind to share your preset so that I can give it a spin?

Hey Judd, thanks for this inspiring recording! Really, really nice playing and great tone. Would you mind to share your preset so that I can give it a spin?

Thanks Dude. Preset is attached. This is pretty much my universal clean patch for a lot of stuff - it works equally well with solid-bodies or jazz guitars - I bet it will sound nice with your 175 !
Note: For the recording, I bypassed the Axe-FX's reverb and used the DAW's reverb, so the reverb might be a bit different.
The lonestar is a pretty boomy amp, so you don't need a lot of bass. Also, the Lonestar's mid control has a fair bit of bass in it, too (not sure what the centre frequency is, bit its fairly low).

Anyway, as I said in my Original Post, the old 335 track was a bit muddy. I think this next clip is more representative of the sound i was going for. (This time I played the af-207bs). Check it out:

Attachments

• LonestarClean.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 18
beautiful playing! nice to hear some clean sounds / presets too and what the Axe Fx can do in a jazz context. I haven't checked out the TX Clean, but now definitely will!

Beautiful tone , nicely played. thanks for sharing the patch works great for me with some small adjustments , more bass , less out level , more master to compensate. sounds great on my system / Guitars . Cant wait to play this for my Jazz guitar / tube amp friend ha he'll love it.

It was refreshing to hear a grown-up play the guitar. All that stuff is beyond my musical vocabulary, but I definitely appreciate hearing someone solo over all those weird changes.

Beautiful tone , nicely played. thanks for sharing the patch works great for me with some small adjustments , more bass , less out level , more master to compensate. sounds great on my system / Guitars . Cant wait to play this for my Jazz guitar / tube amp friend ha he'll love it.

Thanks - hey, tweak away - I often change it around for different circumstances. I think the out level was high to simply balance it with my lead / rhythm patches.
I think clean tones are a little under-represented in axe-fx demos, so I thought it would be nice to try and show that you can use it for jazz, too :)

Back
Top Bottom