Re-Amp Help Needed - XP MAudio 1010LT and PT8

Narzugon

Power User
I apologize for another re-amp question. I believe I've read every post here on the subject. Yet I still feel like I'm sitting in the middle of a ton of cables and a wall of inputs and outputs wondering what goes where. The closest I've come is recording a dry track from the Axe II. I can't seem to send that track back to the A2 nor can I monitor or record the wet track simultaneously. Here's my setup:

Axe II --> SPDIF --> M-Audio 1010LT -->Pro Tools 8.05 --> Ref. Mon.
Axe II --> FRFR's (Normally track through Ref Mon's but have this option)
Axe II --> USB --> XP SP3 --> Axe Edit (As a side note the computer also has a Sound Blaster Audigy sound card)

I normally play the Axe through SPDIF to 1010LT to my Ref. Mons whether I'm tracking in PT or not. So when I changed the USB/Digi Source to "Input" in the Axe's I/O section to record my dry track, it was just sending the Instrument Input through the SPDIF connection as usual. I couldn't get the wet signal at all so I just used my FRFR's to monitor my take.

Instead of listing everything I've tried and confusing the issue (and me) even more, would someone tell me how I should have things set?

Thanks!

Still chipping away at this. I was told over on the Digidesign forums that the M-Audio/PT will not accept USB audio. So I'm currently exploring why I can't send and receive via SPDIF simultaneously.

In the M-Audio Delta Control Panel, if I have Master Clock set for "Internal" I can send a signal to the Axe but can't receive. If I select "SPDIF In" as the Master Clock on the same panel, I can then receive from the Axe but can't send to it.

The Axe's digital options are really straight forward. You can select SPDIF or AES. "Main Input" has 3 options. USB, SPDIF and "Analog In 1". The latter being the instrument input on the front panel. In theory I would choose SPDIF if I want to process audio coming out of the 1010 and Analog In for sending instruments out of the Axe to the M-Audio card.

And the Outputs send to all outs unless noted (ie: SPDIF or AES not both)?

To simplify my settings:

-----------------------------------
1010LT Card
Master Clock = Internal 48k

Axe II
Main In = SPDIF (change this to "Analog In 1" for live instruments).
SPDIF/AES = SPDIF
Usb/Digi Out = Output 1

Result = Audio sent to Axe II. Axe meters show an input signal but can't get audio from the Axe's SPDIF out (1010's SPDIF in).

Alternatively, if I change the 1010's Master Clock to "SPDIF In", I will get audio (live instrument with Analog In 1) from the Axe via an SPDIF connection. But, if SPDIF is chosen for the Main Input, it will report "No Input Clock".

-----------------------------------

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom