RCF TT-08-A or NX 10-SMA anyone?

paolo

I own an axe ultra (waiting for an AXE II) and a verve 12 MA. I am not so happy with the verve and I am searching a solution for a better sound. My needs concerning volume are not very high (our drummer is not very hard beating, the volume of Verve is enough, even if it less it will be ok). Portability, weight and small size is important for me. Thank-you for your advise. My needs: from very clean, to crunch or lead (rock/hard rock, no very hi gain metal, nu metal, drop etc) and also acoustic guitar.

I'm sure you'd love any of the two. The TT is twice the price, so try the NX10-SMA (or the 12" version) first, IMO they're both great.

I've got a pair of TT08a's and I'm very happy with them.
I use one in front of me, tilted up a bit (the angle on the case is not steep enough as a monitor on a small stage)
IMG_0105.jpg
and one behind me on top of the rack towards me.
IMG_0107.jpg
Their price has increased though since I bought them and the NX series monitors were not available then.
Although I have not heard them yet I'm pretty sure I would have been happy with the NX series as well.

S.R.

Last edited:
Another option to consider is Tannoy's coaxial Power V12. I've read some forum feedback about how linear they are and how good they make the AxeFX sound. My personal experience is with a 30 year old set of Tannoy coax drivers in a nice teak enclosure. They sound as uncoloured and detailed as my Dynaudio BM5a's, with only a bit needed at 4K and 8K to make them match (just like my Sensaphonic IEM'S, interestingly).

The Power V12 is 50lbs and 19.13 x 14.57 x 14.17, fyi.

Tannoy - Professional - Summary

Best of luck in your search.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom