RCF Speakers?

LerxstFan

Inspired
Hi All,

One of my friends who plays the AX III uses RCF speakers and says they're amazing - way better than the QSC's he used to use. I gig with an old EV 12" powered speaker which has been doing the job, but I've been reading about the RCF powered wedges and speakers and would love to hear more if anyone uses them or has experience with them - thanks!

Jay

yes, they're well known around here as being very high quality monitors. i have a pair of the 10" RCFNX10sma and they're amazing. never seen a bad review of the 10's or the 12's. some other users will probably chime in here with similar opinions

I also had a pair of these (10" powered/coaxials) ..great units. Has HPF attenuation for floor coupling.
Sold them to finance my AXE upgrade. Seismic audio has a inexpensive alternative also, these sounded great. They were the 15" powered wedges. FWIW, I now use a 212 stereo cabinet (on an amp stand) w/ power amp.

I have a pair of RCF SMA NX-12's and I love them. They were not cheap, like $1200 each but I always feel a top quality speaker is key in any audio set up. A couple of things however, they sound perfect on stands, but I can not get them to sound right on the floor. Not a problem for me as they are my main PA speakers anyway but just fyi. The second is that I think my peasant ears would have been just as happy with a less expensive set of speakers but I don't plan on finding this out anytime soon. There is a guy in NJ who sells them at a great price. PM me if you want the details.

I am another longtime RCF NX12SMA user, and agree with the other comments here. It’s a great sounding and dependable monitor, and has made hundreds of gigs, indoor and out, without a failure. Mike at AudioPyle has the best deals I could find on these.

Love RCF. I have an Evox 8 system for smaller gigs when I need to provide my own sound. I also have an NX12SMA as a monitor. So my AxeIII goes direct to the board and it sounds freakin awesome! I love the way the cover for the monitor is designed too, you don't ever have to take it out, just unzip, plugin and rip!

Thank you for all the info and feedback! I could continue with my old EV, but want something that is more clear and has more power where I can use it as my monitor - primary function - and for a speaker at smaller gigs. Looks like RCF is a good pairing with Fractal products - thanks again.

Yup,. i have a pair RCFNX10sma, great speakers..alot of times i use just one!. but two in stereo is killer.

I also use one RCF NX12SMA and love it. I have two other QSC K12's and they just sit in my studio and are used for playback. Not sure there is any reason to change. The RCF has been bulletproof on the road and sounds great!

I have a RCF NX12SMA it served me well for many years and sounds great.
I replaced it with 2 Atomic CLR Neo II’s they have a better dispersion.

I had a RCF NX10SMA that I loved. Good sound plus small and lightweight. The stay-on bag was convenient.

I’ve also had Matrix Q12 and FR10, EV ELX112p, Atomic Reactor FR, CLR, and CLR Neo II. I am also trying out the Friedman ASC-10

Out of all of them the CLRs sound the most accurate. However, I miss the smaller size and setup convenience the RCF.

i had two CLR Neo, nothing but problems with them. Power supply failed two times, tweeter took a dump, sold them. Bought the RCFs

I have to admit I had one CLR down for a while and it took two shipments to get it fixed. Never had an issue with the RCF. I think Jazz bought mine :)

I've had a pair of these for a number of years RCF NX12SMA. Extremely reliable, if you ever need any service, the service center is located in NJ and they are very competent and great to deal with.

They can be very loud, they sound very good at low and high volume. I've used them as monitors on the floor and as FOH on small gigs, the sound has always been stellar. Everything I put through them sound good, (keys, vocals, horns, piano, guitars) very musical, not harsh. I usually setup my tones at home on ADAM A7's, when I take it live, I don't feel I need to change anything. It's like listening to the A7's just louder.

I have a pair each of NX 12-SMA and NX 15-SMA. I've had the 12s for eight years; the 15s were a fairly recent local deal (guy didn't want to ship) that was too good to pass.

I'm 95% happy with them. They sound great, although the 12s and 15s do not sound 100% identical. My only beef with them is the fairly narrow tweeter dispersion, but they're vocal monitors - they're supposed to work this way.

The only units I'm aware of that would have better dispersion are the various CLRs, and I've heard enough complaints regarding reliability to stick with what I know.

Last edited:
I had ancient RCF powered full range tops. We're talking before Mackie came along. Got em cheap used and they paid the bills for 10 years before I sold them and invested in CLR tops.

And the sub to go with the CLR? A new RCF of course!

Back
Top Bottom