RCF perfection

RFC is a great Italian company, wish it was more known here in USA, I really like my RCF310A self-powered speaker but I have only used it for keyboard gigs so far.

yup great speaker, sound natural to my ears. I have owned a few now and this is the only one the band felt sounded like a real and natural. Which is what I felt. I'd die to hear 4 of these running together. I bet it would be HUGE :p

Very cool, id like to try these someday. I have a pair of old school plastic FBT Maxx2a's, i think they are built in same factory in Italy as the RCF's?? that i use to use with my Ultra and thought they sounded great. One of CLR's is down right now and have been using the FBTs for a few gigs.. they sound killer with my Axe II. had to do a little tweaking but these thing crank.

Been gigging the NX12SMA 50-60 times a year over the least couple of years, zero trouble, always sounds great. Going to pair it with my AX8 too. Great speaker, you'll love it.

I have 2 NX12SMA going for at least 2 to 3 years with no issues sound great, always was very curious about the CLR. But after some reading decided to stay away.

Do these RCF's pop up used sometimes?
Not as often as I would have thought. I intended to order another, and passed on one Scott P offered at a good price. Regretted that one. Audiopyle is a good place to order, best prices I found at that time. Email mike@audiopyle.com and he can get you hooked up.

Edit: Fixed business name... auto incorrect got me.

Last edited:
Not as often as I would have thought. I intended to order another, and passed on one Scott P offered at a good price. Regretted that one. Audiophile is a good place to order, best prices I found at that time. Email mike@audiopyle.com and he can get you hooked up.
Yes contact Mike at Audio Pyle he hooked me up also..

Mike at Audio Pyle delivered it in person to my front door (he happened to be driving through the area at the time). He's a super nice guy. Recommended.

I used RCF before switching to CLR. I would never bash that speaker and if someone asked me if it is good I would say Yes! The pop up used sometimes but not as much as when CLR first came out. I always wanted to try these http://www.dbtechnologies.com/EN/Products/flexsys/flexsys_fm12_p746.aspx They are owned by same company that makes RCF and I heard it even uses some RCF parts and is a bit cheaper.

If buying new Mike Pyle is the guy to buy from hands down. When they pop up used on Ebay they are often more than Mike's new pricing because his price is so cheap compared to other places

I had a pair of NX12SMA.
The sound was fantastic but as I also use them in my quite small studio, for rehearsal I fond they had way to much hiss. I mean not caused by bad gain setup. I mean hiss independent of gain setting.
I tried Yamaha DSR112 las weekend and there was almost no hiss at all.
But the sound of the RCF is amazing.
Mike

Cool, are there any side by side comparisons out there between the RCf and the CLR?

I did a side by side comparison of the RCF NX 10-SMA and the CLR's in my CLR review - search by my username and "sonic bliss" and you'll find it.
I used the RCF's and really liked them before trying the CLR's - I believe the CLR's to be in a different league tone wise compared to the RCF's, but I'd never bash or turn my nose up at the RCF's, they are good and workable monitors in the prosumer price range and they gave me no grief at all.

I had a pair of NX12SMA.
The sound was fantastic but as I also use them in my quite small studio, for rehearsal I fond they had way to much hiss. I mean not caused by bad gain setup. I mean hiss independent of gain setting.
I tried Yamaha DSR112 las weekend and there was almost no hiss at all.
But the sound of the RCF is amazing.
Mike

Interesting, I've never found the RCF to have any more/less hiss than a DRS112 (I use those for FOH small rooms sometimes).
May have been something wrong with your RCF...

Sully, glad you are enjoying your RCF's. Was fun lining all those speakers up in my basement (CLR's, RCF, XiTone, EAW LA212).

Yes, I own too many speakers, but I love them all.
For the record, I gig with a XiTone in front of me (love the small form factor and tone is awesome), and either a CLR or RCF behind me.
CLR and RCF are like coke and pepsi to me. In a studio, I will hear more clarity out of the CLR, no doubt. But on a stage with a band, the RCF and CLR both sound stellar. The benefit sometimes is that the RCF takes us less room in the truck.
Oh, and the EAW's I use for small FOH gigs too. Those speakers get CRUSHINGLY loud and stay clear as a bell. Sound amazing with the Axe...but no coax.

Back
Top Bottom