RCF NX12 alternative?

I recently bring home a really nice nx12 monitor form one of the shop I do work for, I was speechless, this thing sound great and the more I push it, the more it come to life, without becoming aggressive.
the only thing that's bugs me is the price. I can have one for around 1600$CND...
anybody have something closer to the 1000$ range is the same ballpark tone vise?

If I could still get one here in Australia, I'd probably buy one. I A/B'd the NX12 with the the CLR and the NX12 won hands-down for the same reasons you mentioned. To me, to my ears, the feel etc absolutely crushed the CLR, but again, they're hard to come by here in Oz. A cheaper and better alternative for me is that Friedman ASM-12, that thing is a beast. Should be considerably cheaper than the RCF I would think. Yes it's bigger but the sound and feel is just great.

I would say to you, if you like the RCF, you should like the ASM

I like the EV zlx12p better than the Alto and RCF that a lot of forum members have.

I own two CLR's and while it's not as good, the EV is one of the best budget speakers I've tried.

I haven't done an A/B with the NX12 so I can't comment there.

I like the EV zlx12p better than the Alto and RCF that a lot of forum members have.

I own two CLR's and while it's not as good, the EV is one of the best budget speakers I've tried.

I haven't done an A/B with the NX12 so I can't comment there.

The EV is a surprisingly good speaker for the price. I tried one for a weekend and it was pretty damn good (especially at that price point).

That being said, I prefer RCF NX, CLR, XiTone over the EV (without even thinking twice)....but that's because I already own them.
If I didn't own them, and budget was a concern.....the EV zlx is a really solid choice.

Yes, the Dynacord is really small for a 12" wedge, and light, too.
I sold both of my RCF's for a Dynacord and a CLR and I'm happy with that decision.
All three sound great, but the Dynacord is the easiest to transport and does 90 degrees (the RCF 60) which is good for most of the venues I play. Its additional input and EQ possibilities could come in nice, too.

I have an RCF NX10-SMA which I love, but I think this is great because of the extra inputs, I hate having my RCF as my stage monitor for guitar and another stage monitor on stage right beside it....

A question though - I've never been able to get an answer - does anyone know if we can use both inputs on the RCF at the same time? There's a 1/4" and an XLR......

I've always wondered about taking XLR from the axe fx and 1/4" from the house for my vocals....

I own 2 RCF NX12 SMA and 2 Yorkville NX55P, they both do a good job on the floor and FOH positions. I put guitar and vocals though mine, and I really like the way they do both vocals and guitar.

I own 2 RCF NX12 SMA and 2 Yorkville NX55P, they both do a good job on the floor and FOH positions. I put guitar and vocals though mine, and I really like the way they do both vocals and guitar.
Do you use a mixer prior to sending the signal in, or just plug in two feeds? I also have yorkville speakers (e10p's) as well......

I sold both of my RCF's for a Dynacord and a CLR and I'm happy with that decision.
All three sound great, but the Dynacord is the easiest to transport and does 90 degrees (the RCF 60) which is good for most of the venues I play. Its additional input and EQ possibilities could come in nice, too.
Which is louder and which sounds better out of your CLR and the Dynacord? Do you prefer one over the other? Thanks!

A question though - I've never been able to get an answer - does anyone know if we can use both inputs on the RCF at the same time? There's a 1/4" and an XLR......

I've always wondered about taking XLR from the axe fx and 1/4" from the house for my vocals....

Yes you can do this. I happened to try this using XLR for my mic and 1/4" for my AX8 a couple weeks ago. Works great but I had to massively drop levels on AX8 because the RCF was in Mic level mode.

I have done exactly the same (although I did not own the 12" RCF's, but the 10" ones).

Which is louder and which sounds better out of your CLR and the Dynacord? Do you prefer one over the other? Thanks!
I haven't tried which is louder, because they all had enough headroom for me so far.
Soundwise the CLR wins by a tiny margin, but the Dynacord is lighter. A real toss-up...

Back
Top Bottom