RCF NX 12 vs. NX 10 SMA

giacomo

Has anyone tried both with the axe?
Do you think the 12 is worth 25% more than the 10? (12 SMAs runs for 1199, 10 899..)

I have two 12s and tried the 10 briefly (a friend bought one afterwards). They're VERY similar with the 12 having a bit more oomph and more headroom. The 10 is ridiculously small! I'd gig with both, I just like to be on the safe side...

I have two 12s and tried the 10 briefly (a friend bought one afterwards). They're VERY similar with the 12 having a bit more oomph and more headroom. The 10 is ridiculously small! I'd gig with both, I just like to be on the safe side...

Thanks Merlin!

Actually, I'm moving from a Verve 8ma, and there ther's low oomph but a bit of headroom, I'm considering the 10 because of its size and weight..
12 vs 10 is 700w vs 400w, freq responce 50 Hz ÷ 20 kHz vs 60 Hz ÷ 20 kHz, Max SPL 129 vs 127 db... actually looks and should sound pretty similar

just trying to justify 300€ more :)

Thanks Merlin!

Actually, I'm moving from a Verve 8ma, and there ther's low oomph but a bit of headroom, I'm considering the 10 because of its size and weight..
12 vs 10 is 700w vs 400w, freq responce 50 Hz ÷ 20 kHz vs 60 Hz ÷ 20 kHz, Max SPL 129 vs 127 db... actually looks and should sound pretty similar

just trying to justify 300€ more :)

I would do it... in the world of SS power it's always better to have too much than just enough, never know when your going to need it. Based on what Merlin and Scott have been saying I would be all over the NX 12.

I would do it... in the world of SS power it's always better to have too much than just enough, never know when your going to need it. Based on what Merlin and Scott have been saying I would be all over the NX 12.

It would cost me more than my Axe Standard :)

I've never heard the NX 10 but the 12-SMA is firmly entrenched with me here as "the" box and I've been using it hard. If the 10 is anywhere near the 12, it's one hell of a box. The 8ma was a mighty little beast - I rocked mine for over 2 years - but the 12-SMA is on a completely different level. It's frightening how loud it can go and retain clarity and balance. I've freaked a few guitarists out with it now, it can hang with a big boy 412 half stack with ease. No bull. Side by side, same stage. Freaky good. I'm loving this thing.

It would cost me more than my Axe Standard :)

Well if your going to spend the money and you have it to spend I would spend it on that box... and I also own a standard. If you ever step to an Ax ll then your already set.

Last edited:
it can hang with a big boy 412 half stack with ease. No bull. Side by side, same stage
Now that's what I wanted to hear :)
Imagine what two of these would sound like :D

Thanks for the heads up Scott.

I might have found a couple of used 12 SMA here in Italy, but I need just one
anybody wants the second one?

I dare to ask the price of one of the used SMA.
I'm located in Italy too and i have your same name ;-)
PM me and we will see if i can afford one of them.

Guarda, in tutta onestà sembra un po' troppo anche a me.
Vero è che costano 1170 euro l'una, ma in pratica toglie solo l'IVA e forse qualcosina appresso.
A quel punto uno fa prima a prendersele nuove.
Comunque questa benedetta roba costa davvero tanto e non so fino a che punto il gioco valga la candela.
Come hai detto tu fa un po' strano compare una cassa 1x12" (ok, coassiale, attiva e quant'altro) che costa quanto l'Axe. Sarebbe come pagare una 4x12 quanto una Bogner XTC.
Ma ti togli il verve perchè è troppo poco potente?

I've never heard the NX 10 but the 12-SMA is firmly entrenched with me here as "the" box and I've been using it hard. If the 10 is anywhere near the 12, it's one hell of a box. The 8ma was a mighty little beast - I rocked mine for over 2 years - but the 12-SMA is on a completely different level. It's frightening how loud it can go and retain clarity and balance. I've freaked a few guitarists out with it now, it can hang with a big boy 412 half stack with ease. No bull. Side by side, same stage. Freaky good. I'm loving this thing.
Scott - What is the warranty like on the 12-SMA. Couldn't find any info on their website. Would you need to send it back to Italy or can they service it in the states? Do you know where it would be sent in the states?

Scott - What is the warranty like on the 12-SMA. Couldn't find any info on their website. Would you need to send it back to Italy or can they service it in the states? Do you know where it would be sent in the states?

I have to look to see what the documentation in the box said. I am almost certain they have a service center on the East Coast of the US where the distribution center is.

There are a couple of shops up here in the Northeast that service RCF products....but the amount of servicing they can do is completely dependent on getting parts. And although the distribution center is up here (I live North of Boston), they don't always have the parts you need.
I've called the distribution center myself a few times to try and find parts....it's hit or miss. There was a Pro Audio dealer up here that was a big RCF shop (I will not name them), that stopped selling and servicing because parts were too hard to get. Just my 2 cents...

I tried to find warranty info on the RCF site and couldn't find anything. Does anyone know how many years these monitors are covered?

Back
Top Bottom