RCF NX 10 - Any reviews?

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I am very interested in what anyone would have to say about the NX 10 SMA. There's been lots of reviews and discussions on the 12" and it sure looks like a fantastic speaker. But does anyone have any date on the 10? The specs certainly are no less impressive on paper than the 12. Anyone with actual experience?

Yea, I'll look forward to that review. I'm interested in the 10" versions as well.

Chris5150 got a pair of 10's and made some very positive comments about them in the 12's thread, btw...

I may have missed that.....that thread is a little.....er......daunting to read thru, and I may have missed it totally. Will look for it now.

here it is..

chris 5150 says...

"Wow!!... I followed this thread with great interest as I am just a home player with an ultra going through 6 atomics, 3 left and 3 right... Although just a home player I take my sound very seriously and am fortunate enough to be able to spend a bit of cash here and there.
Anyway always toyed with the idea of monitors instead of the atomics so after reading on here I thought blow it I'm taking the plunge. So as its just home use I went with 2 nx10's left and right... Wired them up tonight and totally blown away, the difference and clarity is astounding it's exactly what I have been after, probably part of the reason I have six cabs is that I never quite for the sound from two, so two became 4 and. 4 became 6... Quite a good sound but the nx10's just totally blow that setup away.... I would highly recommend them for home use, no worries on them sounding rubbish at low volumes at all... Simply stunning .
I still have an ultra as waiting for my fx2 to turn up and dying hearing all about v3!!!!.... Still the brown sound on my ultra, iPod in the effects loop and some vh backing tracks going into the nx's and I am indeed Eddie !!!!.... Ok not quite but a very happy bunny indeed
Thanks to all I'd it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have gone this way, so cheers Scott particularly , great advice
Just one thing .. I am just setting the volume mid range on the nx's ... Is there any particular advice on the best setting for this ?... Like I say already over the moon,but always interested to see how others are setting things up cheers"

Back
Top Bottom