Raven West Guitars?

Romo82

Experienced
There's one going for $390 CAD near me, Neck-thru, Floyd Special, EMG-HZ pups (not really a crucial point as i'd likely change them) but i have no clue if RWG are any good. I did a search and picked up 3 references but nothing in depth. From general googling i've seen both hit and miss comments about them but no real way to identify which models are better than others.

Anyone own or played one?

Attachments

• RWG.png
    RWG.png
    635 KB · Views: 30
  • RWG rear.png
    RWG rear.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 30
My current all-round favorite guitar is a Raven West semi-hollow Tele with stock P90s. I bought it used at a similar price and could hardly believe it. Beautiful carved quilted-maple top, nice binding around the sides and F-holes. Light and resonant, sounds amazing!

However.. and this is a big one.. the neck was slightly twisted/warped in a way I couldn't quite fix with truss adjustment, and it was too skinny for my taste. It was playable but not inspiring for me. I like the guitar so much otherwise I had my local luthier friend Jonah Kent bolt on a beautiful roasted maple neck he made, with just the right profile and jumbo stainless frets.

It might seem crazy to put a custom neck on such an el-cheapo guitar, but I LOVE it! I regularly get asked at gigs: "WHAT kind of guitar is THAT?" and I'm pretty sure they figure it's some kinda exotic custom that cost big bucks. Ha ha!IMG_0947.JPGIMG_0948.JPGIMG_0950.JPG

Back
Top Bottom