RATT - Lay It Down Preset

Do you find a huge difference in tone, Mark?
Hi mate, not a massive difference in tone, seems a bit brighter but it is a different algorithm. I've only had a few hours on it at the moment but i love that i have so much more DSP and so so many effect and amp options. I will know more in a few days.

One option....
Set Out 2 to 'echo Out 1' (no need to edit any presets). Use Out 2 (and it's knob) for your powered monitors. Use Out 1 (and it's knob) for the headphone output.
Hi @Moke , that worked fine but the only thing now is my Mac output speaker only goes through the headphones, is there any way i can have that coming out of output 2 as well?
Thanks mate

Hi @Moke , that worked fine but the only thing now is my Mac output speaker only goes through the headphones, is there any way i can have that coming out of output 2 as well?
Thanks mate
Hmmm, I assumed that you only have powered monitors connected to the Axe-Fx III outputs (2). Are you talking about the Mac's internal speakers? Don't they have a volume control?

What do you have hooked up, and how is it connected?

Are you needing the Mac's output to come out of the Axe Output 2? Go to 'Setup', 'I/O', 'Audio' tab, 'USB Output Mapping' set it to '1/2 -> Out 2, 3/4 -> Out 1,'

The least confusing way is to leave everything as it was, and just turn your monitors off, or down when using the headphones. I just keep my monitors off when working with headphones, but the switches are pretty easy for me to reach. A desktop speaker controller unit could be helpful?

Last edited:
Are you the guy that created the tone match on Axe II Quantum 9? That preset was so spot on! Was the first preset I converted when I got the III.

Thanks Mark for sharing !

I just imported this to my FM3....I get a pulsing sound coming fro the AMP block...anyone else ?
The IR did not come with....I loaded a Leon Cab :) Sounds great if i can kill this pulsing !!

Hmmm, I assumed that you only have powered monitors connected to the Axe-Fx III outputs (2). Are you talking about the Mac's internal speakers? Don't they have a volume control?

What do you have hooked up, and how is it connected?

Are you needing the Mac's output to come out of the Axe Output 2? Go to 'Setup', 'I/O', 'Audio' tab, 'USB Output Mapping' set it to '1/2 -> Out 2, 3/4 -> Out 1,'

The least confusing way is to leave everything as it was, and just turn your monitors off, or down when using the headphones. I just keep my monitors off when working with headphones, but the switches are pretty easy for me to reach. A desktop speaker controller unit could be helpful?
Hi Mike, yes i was talking about the Mac's internal speakers as i listen to music and other bits through my studio monitors, I think i will just do what you said and turn the monitors off each time, its no problem.

Thanks for your help mate.

Back
Top Bottom