Rant/Request

I understand what the OP is saying it would be cleaner to have sub threads post different genres of music thus making it easier to find what you are looking for. Sadly I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

TGP - Total Guitar Picks (including the ones down the back of the sofa)
MLP - My Les Paul (is nicer than your Strat)
HC - Hard Chords (like those tricky Jazz ones man)
TDRI - Tone Deaf Random Instrumentation
SSO - Silly Song Originals
GS - Gurning Shredders

Nice try, but 1/6.

The Gear Page (some cork sniffing, but also a solid knowledge base)
MLP has a great tech/luthier section
Harmony Central... pretty disharmonious these days (Ultimate Guitar pt.2)
My bad on TDRI... should've been TDPRI - Tele forum, technically "Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue," basically the tele version of MLP
SevenString.Org, your home for all things brootz
Gear Slutz, mega cork-sniffing vs "cheap theory" rebel faction. Some pros here, but a lot of CJOD/Haunting-Mids/Digital-Sheen/KlonKlonKlon bullshit too.

Jared is freaking hilarious. You should check out his channel. The guy can tears it up on drums, guitar, and metal vocals. he's a good recording producer as well. His videos are hilarious

I'm cool with what ever floats people's boats. I'll give any kind of music a shot. Variety keeps life interesting. That said, I personally prefer anything lower than about 60Hz to be on a bass guitar. I guess I'm old fashioned like that.

I just hate all useless music... ;)

All music is useless by its very nature. It is, ironically, the most prevalent and universal of human activities that has no purpose other than to entertain. Universal in that you can make it with nothing but your own body - hands, feet and voice. You can be dirt poor in an Iraqi mud hut and still have a song to sing, or filthy idiot rich with an Axe-FX and a few dozen high-end guitars. The universality of it is what makes it so freakin' important. Music and math are the two most important things we do that makes our species more than all the other mammals that eat, fuck, sleep and try to survive.

All music is useless by its very nature. It is, ironically, the most prevalent and universal of human activities that has no purpose other than to entertain. Universal in that you can make it with nothing but your own body - hands, feet and voice. You can be dirt poor in an Iraqi mud hut and still have a song to sing, or filthy idiot rich with an Axe-FX and a few dozen high-end guitars. The universality of it is what makes it so freakin' important. Music and math are the two most important things we do that makes our species more than all the other mammals that eat, fuck, sleep and try to survive.

Yup, but that other stuff is pretty cool too.

Back
Top Bottom