Rant/Request

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
Can we PLEASE have a thread where all the djent kids can share their "tone test dj0ntOMGbulbsamazeballsIboughtBKPJuggsandaProTonepedal" recordings because 99% sound the same and this is why a lot of skeptics think that the Axe is a one trick pony. Every other metal recording is bloody djent with that honking 1400Hz mid spike.

Sick to death of it, I am

/rant

Personally, I'm glad that kids out there are trying to make any kind of guitar noises!

Maybe one day, one of them might create something that the world will want to listen to.

I'm not really interested in listening to them practice, but if enough of them keep bouncing their ideas off each other some happy accidents are bound to happen.

That's how rock and roll was invented.

I'm sure the djent kids feel sorry for inconveniencing you. ;) Then again, I might say the same about all the blues-noodly-pr0n-soundtracks that make up the other half. :p

The thread titles are usually clear often enough (IMO), no one's forcing you to listen to all the Axe recordings ever made.

Maybe people that play other genres should post more recording too? I personally love it all, from djent all the way to Spanish pop. I would like to see more of the production side of things. There's some awesome recording out there

I am not big on some of that either!!! but they are the ones that are spending time playing and recording and sharing and it is an open forum so it doesn't bother me. it does make me wish I had all that energy!! we may be a little jealous that we did not have this available to us when we were trying to play like Hendrix and our parents were pissed!!!try to remember!!!!!

Sounds like Fabio shouldn't even be playing electric, he should probably stick to Granpdas Guitars :

..seriously though, I'm more likely to be in the 'noodely blues' camp but I don't see any reason to be hating on the Djent players, it's not my thing so much but so what, music is a means of PERSONAL expression, so more power to them.

Plus who gives a fuck what 'the skeptics' think? I don't care what people assume what the Axe is capable of or not. I know what it is capable of, as does anyone else who owns one.

file.php

I also am more a blues\rock\ type of player and music lover (cannot really think of another way to say that) but I also don't think it matters that much about the type of music posted.- Whoever post clips, I say good for them.

Whoever doesn't give the axefx it's due because they hear a certain post- well, that's there loss (big time), not ours. I don't think FAS is suffering either.

But I also didn't see where he (The OP) said or implied he "hated" anything - Just sayin"

I also didn't see where he (The OP) said or implied he "hated" anything

I should clarify I guess - I said 'hating on' and meant that in the popular slang meaning rather than real 'hate'. To suggest that all of the DJent players are kids who should be restricted to one thread (like some kind of forum playgroup I guess LOL), is to me 'hating on' them ;)

If you go down that road, where does it end? One thread for all the Ernie Ball Majesty Pettrucci worshippers? One thread for all the vintage Strat owners playing blues? One thread for all of the extended range fan-fret shredders? Can't see that being much fun :)

Say no to musical segregation folks!

Last edited:
I should clarify I guess - I said 'hating on' and meant that in the popular slang meaning rather than real 'hate'. To suggest that all of the DJent players are kids who should be restricted to one thread (like some kind of forum playgroup I guess LOL), is to me 'hating on' them ;)

If you go down that road, where does it end? One thread for all the Ernie Ball Majesty Pettrucci worshippers? One thread for all the vintage Strat owners playing blues? One thread for all of the extended range fan-fret shredders? Can't see that being much fun :)

Say no to musical segregation folks!
Lol. Spend any significant time around TGP, MLP, HC, TDRI, SSO, GS, or UG?
Musical segregation already happened, and it was voluntary.
+1 to liking all kindsa' shit tho. And let's not forget Fabio has some of the best recto patches.

Lol. Spend any significant time around TGP, MLP, HC, TDRI, SSO, GS, or UG?

As it happens, nope :) No idea what any of those are, I'll guess 'UG' is Ultimate Guitar... the others.. no idea and I get the feeling ignorance might be bliss in this case..

I'll try though for fun :

TGP - Total Guitar Picks (including the ones down the back of the sofa)
MLP - My Les Paul (is nicer than your Strat)
HC - Hard Chords (like those tricky Jazz ones man)
TDRI - Tone Deaf Random Instrumentation
SSO - Silly Song Originals
GS - Gurning Shredders

How many did I get right? :)

This Fractal forum is pretty much the only music one I frequent, although I am in a couple of Facebook groups for musicians. I'm a CGI geek (my day job is CG animation) so those are the forums I spend most of my time on.

Last edited:
As it happens, nope :) No idea what any of those are, I'll guess 'UG' is Ultimate Guitar... the the others.. no idea and I get the feeling ignorance might be bliss in this case :)

This Fractal forum is pretty much the only music one I frequent, although I am in a couple of Facebook groups for musicians.
You're probably better off skipping a few of those. Point is, musicians tend to write their own ticket into demographics... Personally, I'm in the process of expanding myself from just the local rock/metal crowd into some country. Why? Because I dig it, and guess what I'm being met with? "Hey man, you can play, but you can't name every #1 hit by George Strait and sort them by year, plus you don't own many pearlsnap shirts, so you're not country enough."
Like I can't wear a fuckin damage plan t-shirt and play Keith urban.

Yeah, I get that. The funny thing is I see exactly the same thing in the CG forums - 'Oh you use CG program xxx, oh man you should use CG program yyy or your work will suck'.

I'm reading a book called The Social Conquest of Earth at the moment and it has some interesting things to say about the human need to separate into groups and to fear and dislike the 'outsiders'. It's illuminating...

I used to be a member of the sevenstring, line6, reaper, musicman, got-djent forums. I've stop caring about the ones mentioned for several personal reasons. I keep coming back to this forum. I don't understand what's been going on lately but I've notice a few threads that require some use of flame repellent.

Other than that, I love this forum. A lot of great members of all ages and genres. The support has been great and with the exposure the axe fx has been getting I'm excited to have a bunch of new faces join us.

I'm not into some of the stuff posted on this forum but I'll pop in and give it a listen. Some of the sounds are amazing and there are some really good players here.

Last edited:
I can completely understand where you are coming from. I think the best way to handle it is to properly label the music in each thread name and not just say "new song" or something that way people can choose to listen or not based on the description. This would of course not stop the volume of one particular style of music but just help you avoid it or check it out if interested.
Side note: I actually discovered the Axe because I was interested on how a band (yes it was djent) was getting their tone. After researching it here I am with one myself. A tiny little bit of research showed how much this is not a one trick pony, but if it wasn't for that djent band I would not have heard about the Axe in the first place. At the time at least.

He refers to this article, which was featured at the Fractal User Group at FB the other day...

In The Axe-Fx Vs. Kemper Debate, Twelve Foot Ninja Chooses.....Line 6? - GearGods

such a stupid read..... what am I? Djent.....Muwahahahahaha? Listen closely to my ODS patches, then find me another modeler who can do ODS tones beside the AF2 which even got the flipping right. You can't, because most manufacturers wont spend so much time for these details, since they are not able to hear them so they don't pay attention.....even tryed the KPA the other day, their Ford patch has it too, but when I turned down the lows and highs a bit away from the profile, I realize the front tone knobs are just generic and have nothing in common with the actual amp. But the AF2 does it. The reviewer in this article was not able to find his tone out of 200+ amps? I guess he never had such thing as tone....because tone is something you can't own by having it lock up in your closet or a preset, it's something you have to understand before you even talk about it.

Tone starts in you - the amp make it for the last 10%

Wow that guy from the article sounds like the poster who couldn't get a good sound out of his axe and was bashing it hard in multiple threads here. He was told to sell it. I wonder if it's the same guy.

Back
Top Bottom