Randy Rhoads tone?

Distortion plus -> Marshall Plexi Treble -> Santiago factory IR's (Altec speakers) in Stereo -> Digital Delay 20-40ms.

I assumed he was asking how to get that tone so as to avoid accidentally using it. One of the worst studio tones of the 80s for me... :D IMHO, of course.I'd heard his live tone was quite different (better) though.

Advice: dial in a good 80's overdriven plexi tone and play those awesome licks with your sound.

Last edited:
From articles about Randy, they say one big driver for him was to have a different tone than Eddie. They say he was very concerned about differentiating himself from EVH.

But yeah, it's a funky tone for me. I think it's the slap back / short delay that is a big part of the funkyness. That and the Altec speakers are not mainstream either.

English please. I'm American and am not bilingual , sorry. Like most of us . lol And I failed French in school …..twice:(:( I couldn't imagine being a rock star and having to learn a second language. lmao! So now I'm a has been wanna be rock star that is not bilingual:(

English please. I'm American and am not bilingual , sorry. Like most of us . lol And I failed French in school …..twice:(:( I couldn't imagine being a rock star and having to learn a second language. lmao! So now I'm a has been wanna be rock star that is not bilingual:(
no big deal you can use google translate.

Back
Top Bottom