Randy Rhoads - Crazy Train - Tone Match

GuitarMan86

Power User
Here is a Tone Match attempt I did for Randy Rhoads tone from Crazy Train. My 2nd tone match recording capture. I used the XLR Out 1 L/R into an M-Audio Fastrack Pro. Adobe Audition for the tracks and I used a Charvel San Dimas Custom Mahogany.

I flub'd a couple of the fills since I was just trying to capture the tone and I punched in for the solo track.....but you get the idea. :)

I started off with the JVM OD1 amp and added reverb and a touch of chorus only. Hope you like! I think it came out damn close! ;)

*5/31/12-Updated file to include 4x12 v30 cab (since my cab sims are turned off)...hope this helps.

View attachment 11694

Last edited:
Great job.....Couldn't get much better than that, and thanks for sharing the patch !!

I can't get it to work... no tone match formula with the patch for me...I DL'ed it 3 times..no worky.

wow, Im not sure that was you?! mess up some next time.

haha..... there were certainly some mistakes in there. Only two guitar tracks (main guitar and a punch in for the solo). Thanks for the positive feedback everyone! It was certainly fun to make this one. And when you get that same tone...and HEAR IT....it certainly gets you in the zone!

Great job.....Couldn't get much better than that, and thanks for sharing the patch !!

I can't get it to work... no tone match formula with the patch for me...I DL'ed it 3 times..no worky.

Hmm....not sure. I was able to download it just now and import it again.

I reloaded the Tone Match block and loaded the isolated Crazy Train guitar track from YouTube..rematched the sound.....and BAM!!!
Spot On!!!!
Randy Rhoads is alive and well in my little black box!!!
I saved the patch in the Axe FX and I'm good to go!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom