Randy Rhoads 2014 Masterclass (Teaser)

hey will how's the dvd's coming along? good progress I hope? can't wait to get my hands on them and those presets. there's been a lot of fw updates since you created this thread, how are your randy tones sounding now with fw15?

sid.

At 4 songs to 1, someone obviously prefers "Diary Of A Madman" to "Blizzard Of Ozz. :mrgreen

Not a quibble, I much prefer Diary (it's my second favorite album of all time) and it refreshing to see attention given to it's songs and not predictable choices like Blizzard's "Crazy Train" or "Mr. Crowley".

Looks very interesting (and like others have said, you nailed the tones). :)

Sweet! I play in an Ozzy tribute so count me as very interested. I'm good on the riffs but I will definitely be waiting for your patches they sound great. I've never really been a fan of Randy's studio tone though. I actually preferred his tone on Tribute. Your video looks to be killer. Looking forward to it.

Hey Guys, so sorry for the late response. I recently upgraded to Firmware 15 and am LOVING it! I plan on redoing all of my tone matches as a result. I am doing research under covering copyrighted material and should be OK under fair use. I will be releasing my debut CD "Lucid Prophecy" in August and am aiming to finish my Masterclass by October. If there is anything specific you guys want covered, any/all feedback is welcomed!

RR1_blk_1.jpg

I'm looking forward to your finished product... tones are pretty much spot on. Love to know where you obtained the studio master tracks.

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure where I should post this. Coming this fall, I'm releasing a Randy Rhoads masterclass DVD. Long story short, I was never pleased with the GuitarWorld lessons and I am doing something fairly unique. I am giving an in depth 4+ hour lesson of Randy's licks, tricks, studio techniques, approach and more. I am throwing everything in the kitchen sink. My video has more information. This teaser has a few warts with my playing, walls of text, but it illustrates my point. I have also spent a lot of time crafting Randy's tones using the Axe Fx 2 and have gotten really close. I will also make all of the tones publicly available upon its release. Anyway, constructive feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

Assuming you used an Axe-FX; I would love to check out your presets. Aside from the great playing, you nailed the tone. Nice work.

Will - really great tones and production. Congrats! I'm definitely interested in the DVDs!

Hey, guys! Quick update, I had a lot going on the past few months (new job, personal stuff, won't bore you guys), but finally have the stability needed to continue this project. I will release each song as its separate lesson on YouTube, aiming to have the first video uploaded by Christmas and use the feedback I receive to influence future videos. Thanks for your interest and patience. I haven't played guitar in months and will need to get my chops up to par in time.

New member here,
anyone know whatever happened with this?

In between the first post and this one, I went through some personal changes (to keep it brief). HOWEVER, I will be releasing my first installment over Spring Break. I have already shot the footage, it's just a matter of editing at this point. The masterclass lessons will be posted to my new channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUNN0ltcguLzfjuMY2H0FzA . I don't see myself releasing it all at once, most likely in segments so that I can gather feedback and learn from it accordingly.

In between the first post and this one, I went through some personal changes (to keep it brief). HOWEVER, I will be releasing my first installment over Spring Break. I have already shot the footage, it's just a matter of editing at this point. The masterclass lessons will be posted to my new channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUNN0ltcguLzfjuMY2H0FzA . I don't see myself releasing it all at once, most likely in segments so that I can gather feedback and learn from it accordingly.
still looking forward to this will, hope all is well with you. sid.

Back
Top Bottom