Randy Rhoads 2014 Masterclass (Teaser)

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure where I should post this. Coming this fall, I'm releasing a Randy Rhoads masterclass DVD. Long story short, I was never pleased with the GuitarWorld lessons and I am doing something fairly unique. I am giving an in depth 4+ hour lesson of Randy's licks, tricks, studio techniques, approach and more. I am throwing everything in the kitchen sink. My video has more information. This teaser has a few warts with my playing, walls of text, but it illustrates my point. I have also spent a lot of time crafting Randy's tones using the Axe Fx 2 and have gotten really close. I will also make all of the tones publicly available upon its release. Anyway, constructive feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

looking forward to the dvd and the presets. I've tried making randys tones in the axe fx myself but can't get them anything near what I just heard in your video.

Sounds good. But 4 hours?? Those must be some serious in-depth instructional DVD's you are planning. Go for it and good luck! Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the cool comments, fellas! I'm really proud of the presets that are in store and am excited to teach this material. Realistically, since the material is copyrighted, I will probably post the whole thing for free on YouTube, but would accept donations via paypal for the time spent crafting it. If the feedback is decent, I'll probably do something similar for EVH, but don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I have seen so many Rhoads instructional lessons, but they somehow feel incomplete. I feel that the tracks I chose represent him well and I think there are plenty of quality lessons with Crazy Train and Mr. Crowley that I felt obligated to go with a few deeper song selections.

I have seen so many Rhoads instructional lessons, but they somehow feel incomplete.

couldn't agree more, my instructional lessons collection goes all the way back to the days of pre internet cassette tape. and everytime a buy a dvd or a magazine or whatever, I just feel there's something missing in the lessons. hoping you're dvd is going to be "the one" at long last. I have no problem at all in making a donation for your efforts. I would release the presets sooner rather than later in the fall, else you'll be forever re-programming them for all the firmware releases! :)

Dude Randy IS the reason I started playing guitar! If I may say though if you were going a little "deeper" i'd suggest S.A.T.O. just because it is nonstop in your face and the solo section shows how seamlessly he could move in and out of different "moods" (not to be confused with modes lol) while soloing. The licks are awesome in that also.

Too many instructional sources say to get Randy style just learn the natural and harmonic minor scales, trem picking, tapping and trills and you'll be there. But we know there is so much more to Randys playing than that. Keep up the great work!

Great job nailing Randy's tone and riffs! How much would this sell for?

Thanks, man! In terms of pricing, I'm conflicted. Ideally, I would sell the 2 DVD set for $30. Realistically, If I sell it, I may get sued by Ozzy's lawyers or the Rhoads estate. I am more than likely going to release this on YouTube for free, but would accept donations via Paypal. This is going to be a 'by a fan, for the fans' type project, but I would also like to use it as a springboard for more projects down the line. I'm probably going to release one lesson a month ala song by song and use the feedback to plan future lessons. If anyone has suggestions or material they would like to see covered, please let me know!

Had the pleasure of taking a seminar from Randy and meeting him less than two months before he died. It had a profound impact on me.

Looking forward to your DVD.

wow. That's a lot of work to go to for free. Kudos to you. I know there are a ton of Randy fans out there who'd love to see and hear what you've put together. Good luck with the donations.

Sounds great Will- RR was one of my earliest influences when I started and I still love listening to his work. Good luck with this project.

Back
Top Bottom