Randy Blythe Lamb of God--free, what a letter he wrote

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Assuming he was not guilty, which I would say he is not...whether he pushed a fan off stage or did not, he has the right to imho, eg see Dimebag Darryl. Anyhoo, brave man, see speech below prior to his sentencing:

““It’s a beautiful morning in Prague, & time for me to go to what is (hopefully) my final day in court here- supposedly judgement will be passed today & I will move on with my life in one direction or the other. Which direction that is, I do not know. I could walk free, or conversely go to prison for up to ten years. Such is my life right now, & I must stay in this moment until its resolution. Whatever happens to me, do not feel sorry for me, for I am at peace & refuse to feel sorry for myself. Life happens. Deal with it. Some people cannot understand why I have returned, saying I should not come back here. KNOW THIS, & mark my words well- it would be absolutely intolerable for me to hide from this situation. I am an innocent man, but a family suffers the loss of a son, a fan of my band. That is what this whole thing is truly about, not prison, not money, not politics, not ME- it is about a young man who lost his life at just 19 years of age. He will never come back, & it breaks my heart. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing that I did not behave honorably & try to give his family some answers. That would be disgraceful, and I do not wish to dishonor myself or my family by acting in such a cowardly manner. I was raised to face my problems head on. For me, this is BEING A MAN. I categorically refuse to live in a constant state of guilt & fear. I would rather die. My morality & convictions are not dependent upon unforeseeable circumstance, nor malleable when difficulty arises. So I walk this morning to court with my head held high, no matter what others opinions of me may be. I have to face myself in the mirror, & tomorrow morning, where ever I may wake up, I will be able to do that without regret. This is THE ONLY path to true freedom for me- peace within myself. This is the manner in which I choose to try my best to live my life, & I hope you all do the same- do your best to do what is right, no matter how difficult it may be. I promise you, this will bring you peace. I thank you all for your support, I wish you all a good day, & to quote one of my favorite movies: STRENGTH AND HONOR.”

» Lamb Of God Frontman Randy Blythe Is Free | Metal Assault News

I would not expect that from him. He does not come off as the humble, rational type in any of their dvd's or TV spots. I really do hope they find him not guilty though, pretty tragic event.

I don't think I would have gone back there & took the chance that they would send me away for 10 years. Good for him!

I'm a coward who loves my freedom! Plus if found guilty I wouldn't get to try V10 & the new Edit!!! lol

I do not know him, his band (yes, I've heard of it, but their thing isn't my thing), or the story of this tragedy, but that is one hell of a letter! Honor and responsibility seem to both be in short supply these days. Nice to see it ain't dead.

The experience probably made him into a better person. From the LOG DVD's and interviews I've seen, he came across as a haunted guy, but with a decent kernel. Kudos to him for staying positive.

I actually fully expected him to behave in an honorable way. Their songs are focused around that type of theme, and when I met him he was a really humble guy. First time I saw them perform, there was an issue with the PA at the venue and only his mic worked. He could have threw a rockstar fit and stomped off stage, but instead stood up on stage and said, "Alright, Q and A time. What's something you've always wanted to ask Lamb of God?" He then proceeded to answer questions from the crowd for 20 minutes. Awesome dude and I'm glad it was a not guilty verdict.

He's got some serious balls for sure. I'm glad he was acquitted, that's a terrible thing to have happen at a show, but after what happened to Dimebag
I completely understand his actions taken. It's really unfortunate that the kid died, no one really wins here. :(

Back
Top Bottom