Wish Randomize Components Feature etc.

200man

Power User
I think this has been discussed somewhat but...and not sure what the final effect of this might mean but I thought if a circuit’s component‘s variances were known, would it be possible to have a selection for an amp that randomized component values within tolerance? ...save the random set? And would a certain other selection randomize but bias in favor of aging? If a power tube’s performance were affected by heat over time...strange maybe but I had a set of 6L6’s that sounded magical 10 seconds just before the amp caught on fire. Just thinking out loud, no worries... :)

I think this has been discussed somewhat but...and not sure what the final effect of this might mean but I thought if a circuit’s component‘s variances were known, would it be possible to have a selection for an amp that randomized component values within tolerance? ...save the random set? And would a certain other selection randomize but bias in favor of aging?
That's like buying 100 identical amps to find one that sounds better. Personally, I prefer the amp models that are already modeled to sound their best. :)

It would be interesting if there is a aging parameter with "costant" behaviour. Caps loose capacitance, tube wearing out... the amp recaped and retubed has more headroom, volume, bite, while the warn out one is rounder, smoother, less volume and bite... sometimes it is what a guitar player is looking for in a tube amp.

Hmmm, the random idea just gave me an idea. What about a block that has a random micro delay, with a random micro pitch shift? Might make a cool double tracked type sound.

Back
Top Bottom