Random OCD thought

..Stop that, or you'll go blind! o_O

Just wondering - whenever someone runs their finger from above AXE FX III logo all the way to the bottom of the logo - does it feel like two bumps? Or is it absolutely flat and smooth?

Bumps being above the logo and below the logo?

Got a new AXE FX III so was just wondering if this is the case for all or is it only me?

I was not going to rub my AXE but I couldn't help myself and fortunately it doesn't have any little bumps. As soon as you feel little bumps like you describe it's time to reach for the Valtrex.💊

The replies are hilarious!

But my guess is - the moisture was on the unit because it is already 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) here in Milwaukee and the box was out on the bus all day. So probably got cold and the moisture residue was due the the condensation when I opened the box.

I was not going to rub my AXE but I couldn't help myself and fortunately it doesn't have any little bumps. As soon as you feel little bumps like you describe it's time to reach for the Valtrex.💊

Haha.

Hope you work in the medical field, else your knowledge about the pill makes me wonder :grimacing:

Just checked mine, and it does feel like there is a bit of a rise over the blue LED backlit "Axe-FX III" logo, as if the clear plastic lens is slightly thicker than the panel it is inserted in, and the translucent clear plastic over that and the rest of the meters and around the knobs, buttons, and screen (oh my!) is pushed out a couple thousanths of an inch.
Same with mine.

Ok, I finally got around to fondling my Axe Fx after spending an hour just happily enjoying my Tweed Twin preset. I didn't find any bumps... Flat as a board.

That’s it - I am mailing support. Time for them to have some fun at my expense 😂

But, it’s an expensive investment. One’s gotta make sure it’s perfect😃

I’ve just been unlucky with the last batch of orders though.

My first AXE FX III with FC12 arrived about 2 weeks ago. The box was severely damaged. Wasn’t sure if there was anything wrong with the fractal or not, but the alignment of the body was completely off. One side was way up, the other was way down.
Then, the first time I switched on my FC 12 - one of the display strips refused to turn on.
Both returned and replaced and when I got the new AXE - it came back all freezing and then wet because of the condensation.

The support guys have been awesome till now though. Not sure how they’ll handle this one though.

While we're on the subject of the logo, does anyone else find it too bright? I've covered mine up with blue-tac because it was so dazzling I couldn't see what I was doing. An option do dim or disable it would be nice, I do have quite poor sight though.

While we're on the subject of the logo, does anyone else find it too bright? I've covered mine up with blue-tac because it was so dazzling I couldn't see what I was doing. An option do dim or disable it would be nice, I do have quite poor sight though.
I had to dim the high beam light in my car for the same reason. I used a couple bits of scotch tape colored with a blue Sharpie for that, but it is fairly small. Maybe a small rectangle of window tint would work?

I had to dim the high beam light in my car for the same reason. I used a couple bits of scotch tape colored with a blue Sharpie for that, but it is fairly small. Maybe a small rectangle of window tint would work?

That's a good idea, but I think I'll keep it covered, it really is very bright to my eyes. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom