Random Guitar Player List

Reb Beach

Vito Bratta
(thought I added Vito already.....most original, definitely not. But actually he has his original aspect)

Last edited:

Reb Beach

Vito Bratta
(thought I added Vito already.....most original, definitely not. But actually he has his original aspect)

I always thought of Vito as EVH with an understanding of music theory.

His lines and playing could be very similar but his note choice tended towards much more diatonic compared to Eddie.

I always thought of Vito as EVH with an understanding of music theory.

His lines and playing could be very similar but his note choice tended towards much more diatonic compared to Eddie.

I think that's very accurate. Eddie sounds very original to me, sometimes hearing things that would almost be overlooked but for his finding perfect ways to apply them. Vito has a very different personality and is impeccable at creating polished flow within the more diatonic framework, plus his timing is very different. Offhand I think of Eddies timing as a little edgy and minor bluesy (I was told by others around them at the studio at the time, that Eddie had created other tracks on the order of "I'm the One", but that Ted Templeman was trying to push him and may have been too much of a bum to realize the crime he was committing, and deleted some of the tracks as "encouragement". I like Ted's production, but that had to be totally uncalled for). Vito has more of a cheerful major bluesy feel. I haven't spent that much time, aside from admiring him a lot back in the day, but I do think they each have something extraordinary to offer - but Eddie came onto a completely different scene and transformed it, so while its difficult to compare the two...I can see why Eddie may have actually liked Vito's playing and writing, if that's true.

I think that's very accurate. Eddie sounds very original to me, sometimes hearing things that would almost be overlooked but for his finding perfect ways to apply them. Vito has a very different personality and is impeccable at creating polished flow within the more diatonic framework, plus his timing is very different. Offhand I think of Eddies timing as a little edgy and minor bluesy (I was told by others around them at the studio at the time, that Eddie had created other tracks on the order of "I'm the One", but that Ted Templeman was trying to push him and may have been too much of a bum to realize the crime he was committing, and deleted some of the tracks as "encouragement". I like Ted's production, but that had to be totally uncalled for). Vito has more of a cheerful major bluesy feel. I haven't spent that much time, aside from admiring him a lot back in the day, but I do think they each have something extraordinary to offer - but Eddie came onto a completely different scene and transformed it, so while its difficult to compare the two...I can see why Eddie may have actually liked Vito's playing and writing, if that's true.
Yeah... We're definitely hearing the same things ;)

Liked that Dan Huff tune; hadn't heard him before. Thanks!
I would like to hear a more haunting vibe from him, but he's such a happy exuberant player - a little bit of Steve Morse and not at all afraid to make his own lines rather than just do the same old thing. Right at around the 2:00 mark in the second vid he's reminding me of Paul Gilbert and then he's suddenly Steve Morse again. Not as versatile as Shawn Lane in the space of 10 seconds, but no one is. 02:00

But I believe as long as we have feeling in writing and playing that's what counts.

Though IMIHO its a crime to bring glory upon the instrument either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom