Random Guitar Player List

Just chiming in for a personal favorite of mine Steffen Schackinger.

His 2008 album ElectriGuitarristry is worth a listen: Fantastic tracks in it.
My personal favorites are 'X and Y', 'City Lights' and 'On a Rainy Day' but the full album is enjoyable.

For a guitarist that plays with emotion, control fantastic bending technique, and has played some of the best guitar compositions in music that I want to hear, I would suggest a guitarist yet to be mentioned:-

Dave Gilmour

Lots of stuff to like from his playing on Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, the Division Bell etc..

For a guitarist that plays with emotion, control fantastic bending technique, and has played some of the best guitar compositions in music that I want to hear, I would suggest a guitarist yet to be mentioned:-

Dave Gilmour

Lots of stuff to like from his playing on Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, the Division Bell etc..
Yes, good catch, Bowie's guitarist!

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists...ie-perform-pink-floyds-comfortably-numb/56405

Lol, just kidding.

I really like that solo though. One of the things I like about Gilmour is he is very in the moment, not just playing exactly the same thing every time.

Re his inclusion, we caught him after I posted the list, and he's in the home excel list, (he's certainly near the top of any worthy guitarist list - his solo composing is legendary in addition to his "feeling" and "style") but I haven't decided which vids best showcase his work. Do you have a suggestion? Solo compilations are okay, but its good to have a live performance to highlight a player with.

One of my all time favorites and has one of the most original, recognizable, and aspired to be copied touches and finger vibratos of any guitarist. A genius working in the studio. Also a recognizable slide player. I had the dark side of the moon poster on my wall under black light - finally saw him on the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour - very good concert - quadrophonic effects (as demonstrated before the concert with that stray bi-plane flying around above the audience) and of course the inflated the pig over the audience, One of These Days... I would like to know your all time favorite solos and live performances.

Last edited:
Just chiming in for a personal favorite of mine Steffen Schackinger.

His 2008 album ElectriGuitarristry is worth a listen: Fantastic tracks in it.
My personal favorites are 'X and Y', 'City Lights' and 'On a Rainy Day' but the full album is enjoyable.

Very beautiful unique style. At times a very approachable jazz music, but then steps out and wails a bit. Then at 03:42, its a cello, then a soft piano for a moment. Incidentally, he appears to be using my friends favorite tuck the tick between 1 & 2. Still not up to speed on that but he does it very smoothly.

Very nice to see and worth a watch. (I like the FX used in this.) See 01:41 for a very singable solo guitar chorus, no I don't mean chorus FX, I mean, like chorus, as in the chorus section of a tune. As I was saying, I like his use of the delay FX to write a song over. I'm so confused by all this synonymicating terminology. Like a pianist using a pedal, or a chord pedal, or a Korg pedal, https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/83658_l.jpg&sp=c0250acfc12a07e6ba7ab14a3734e4a5

Last edited:
Very beautiful unique style. At times a very approachable jazz music, but then steps out and wails a bit. Then at 03:42, its a cello, then a soft piano for a moment. Incidentally, he appears to be using my friends favorite tuck the tick between 1 & 2. Still not up to speed on that but he does it very smoothly.

Very nice to see and worth a watch. (I like the FX used in this.) See 01:41 for a very singable solo guitar chorus, no I don't mean chorus FX, I mean, like chorus, as in the chorus section of a tune. As I was saying, I like his use of the delay FX to write a song over. I'm so confused by all this synonymicating terminology. Like a pianist using a pedal, or a chord pedal, or a Korg pedal, https://ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&rais=1&oiu=http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/83658_l.jpg&sp=c0250acfc12a07e6ba7ab14a3734e4a5

Both of the videos are very nice!

Thomas Grieve:
(Helpful site for learning Hendrix chord playing. Two Hendrix tunes here that I always aspired to play decently. I particularly thought the song "Drifting" never got the credit deserved. ) Nice place for checking out some classic rock progressions for learning covers, wish we could buy him some Fractal products &/or better recording equipment...)

Your piece reminds me of the solo work of Steve Hackett, in a very good way I might add (a bit of Howe too). Progressive musical sensibility and not just complexity. I highly laud you for both your composition and execution (although I hope no fingers were injured in real life...Its difficult for me to tell from the audio, but that type of playing on regular gauge steel strings is hard enough. What gauge did you use?) Thank you again for sharing.

Thanks very much for the kind feedback on our tune. I find it interesting that you mentioned Steve Hackett too, as we've seen a lot of comparisons to Steve on the album reviews in general (for this particular latest album) and, while I very much enjoy Steve's work, I never really felt much of his influence on my work--at least not at any conscious level. Greg, our other guitarist, used to have an excellent Genesis tribute band called Foxtrot and his playing in that context blew me away so much that it inspired me to invite him to join Advent. I definitely hear a Hackett vibe in quite a bit of his approach, though.

Back when we recorded this tune, I was still using GHS White Bronze light-gauge (12-54) strings. I loved the way the factory-installed Elixir Nanoweb lights sounded on my wife's Tanglewood a couple of years back, so I've been trying them out lately on that Martin in the video (which is a factory second and has a sticker that covers the Martin logo). As a point of trivia, Greg actually brought two acoustic guitars to his recording session for the tune in the video, but both ended up having problems so he switched to using my Martin instead--which actually made for a very nice consistency in sound/timbre between both parts.

I've fallen behind on future posts in this thread, by the way, but look forward to getting caught up soon.

All the best,

Alan

Thanks very much for the kind feedback on our tune. I find it interesting that you mentioned Steve Hackett too, as we've seen a lot of comparisons to Steve on the album reviews in general (for this particular latest album) and, while I very much enjoy Steve's work, I never really felt much of his influence on my work--at least not at any conscious level. Greg, our other guitarist, used to have an excellent Genesis tribute band called Foxtrot and his playing in that context blew me away so much that it inspired me to invite him to join Advent. I definitely hear a Hackett vibe in quite a bit of his approach, though.

Back when we recorded this tune, I was still using GHS White Bronze light-gauge (12-54) strings. I loved the way the factory-installed Elixir Nanoweb lights sounded on my wife's Tanglewood a couple of years back, so I've been trying them out lately on that Martin in the video (which is a factory second and has a sticker that covers the Martin logo). As a point of trivia, Greg actually brought two acoustic guitars to his recording session for the tune in the video, but both ended up having problems so he switched to using my Martin instead--which actually made for a very nice consistency in sound/timbre between both parts.

I've fallen behind on future posts in this thread, by the way, but look forward to getting caught up soon.

All the best,

Alan
I haven't been able to play lights; my fingers are a bit weak for that. I like the sound and kind of wish I could do it - its quite full sounding.

As regards Hackett, its hard for me to know where I got that sense, It might be that I heard something that's not there so much; maybe I just heard something progressive in there, and Hackett is the progressive classical/rock guitarist I'm more familiar with. Or it could be that in some of those changes there's something reminiscent of one of Steve's various styles. I never owned that many of his solo albums, but I've been exposed to it. I had "Look Don't Touch, and Voyage of the Acolyte - but Hackett does venture into some odd voice leading choices, that border on modern classical or modern jazz or something - just don't ask me to put a finger on it.

I get vague senses all the time these days, that I would like to better hone in on.

Shawn Davey (I think-found on another channel w no artist name - oooh!) - already on the list

Thanks for searching that out. Yes, I completely left him out, another great player!
The list is at beyond 600 players now, and I need to post it since these pages don't have most of them. So, good catch, I searched the entire list and he wasn't on it. Okay, I apologize before you - o_L Owie! I said I made a mistake, geez.

Here is a player mentioned before, but I was going back and watching his work, and he brings to mind another aspect of this style of hard rock guitar: the category of singer/lead guitarist/songwriters who can belt out vocals of one difficult form or another, while remaining very much a tight rhythm and lead guitarist at the same time. Triumph only had 3 guys, and what astonishes me more than Rick Emmit's guitar work, is the uniqueness of his writing (getting away with innocence and positivity in complete contrast to virtually an entire industry - while not at the same time sounding put on or completely trite - at least IMO).

But more than that, while holding down all the guitar work, is the way his live vocals are literally as good as any studio work. I can see how maybe this music is felt as over-positive by some, almost like the Bryan Adams of hard rock or something. Not exactly a top technical player by that time.. But to me, Emmit, as a live heavy high range hard rock vocalist, while rocking out; sick really. Kind of like Steve Perry holding down the guitar work.

Decent lead at about 4:00

Last edited:
Thanks for searching that out. Yes, I completely left him out, another great player!
The list is at beyond 600 players now, and I need to post it since these pages don't have most of them. So, good catch, I searched the entire list and he wasn't on it. Okay, I apologize before you - o_L Owie! I said I made a mistake, geez.

Here is a player mentioned before, but I was going back and watching his work, and he brings to mind another aspect of this style of hard rock guitar: the category of singer/lead guitarist/songwriters who can belt out vocals of one difficult form or another, while remaining very much a tight rhythm and lead guitarist at the same time. Triumph only had 3 guys, and what astonishes me more than Rick Emmit's guitar work, is the uniqueness of his writing (getting away with innocence and positivity in complete contrast to virtually an entire industry - while not at the same time sounding put on or completely trite - at least IMO).

But more than that, while holding down all the guitar work, is the way his live vocals are literally as good as any studio work. I can see how maybe this music is felt as over-positive by some, almost like the Bryan Adams of hard rock or something. Not exactly a top technical player by that time.. But to me, Emmit, as a live heavy high range hard rock vocalist, while rocking out; sick really. Kind of like Steve Perry holding down the guitar work.

Decent lead at about 4:00

Dave Meniketti from Y&T is also really good at that...

HERE'S THE ROUGH LIST THAT I HAVE - TO THE RIGHT ARE HOPEFULLY NOTES ON THE ACTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE ARTIST...

BUT THIS IS ROUGH AND THERE ARE A LOT OF ERRORS.

I HAVE AN EXCEL DOC WITH MANY OTHER COLUMNS SUCH AS:
RECOMMENDED VIDEO LINKS
DOB
SPECIFIC INSTRUMENT TYPES
& TECHNIQUES THE ARTISTS ARE KNOWN FOR, ETC.

ULTIMATELY WHAT I WILL LIKE TO DO IS CREATE A TUTORIAL LESSON SITE ORGANIZED AROUND A NEW SEARCH ENGINE TECHNOLOGY... (WITH THE EARLY FOCUS ON LEARNING THE ART OF GUITAR PLAYING AND PERFORMANCE, TO FURTHER EXPLORE AND WORK OUT THE DATABASE METHOD)

i HAVE A LITTLE BIZ MODEL IN MIND, BUT NOTHING WRITTEN IN STONE. ON THE BACK END IT WILL BE A CREATIVE OUTLET FOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.

THE SERVICE FOCUS WILL BE TO ALLOW TEACHERS TO MAKE A LIVING WITH LESSONS WITH VIRTUALLY NO COST ON THEIR END, AND TO ALLOW A STUDENT TO HONE IN AND PERSONALIZE THEIR EXPLORATION. AND ENJOY THE WEALTH & VARIETY OF THE MUSICAL ART FORMS THE INSTRUMENT OF GUITAR EMBODIES. LOL. JUST A DREAM AT THIS POINT...

Aaronson, Kenny Dust
Abasi, Tosin Animals as Leaders (founder, lead guitarist)
Akkerman, Jan Focus
Ali, Dhalif
Altus, Lee Exodus, Heathen
Anastasio, Trey Phish
Anderson, Pete Dwight Yokum
Anderson, Russ Forbidden
Anderson, Scotty (Eric Johnson recommends)
Andress, Tuck Tuck And Patti
Angelripper, Tom Sodom
Arb, Fernando von Krokus (Screaming In The Night period
Atkins, Chet solo career/producer
Atmatzidou, Eva
Bachman, Randy Bachman Turner Overdrive
Baker, Mickey Ray Charles, The Drifters
Baliardo, Tonino Gipsy Kings
Banks, Gordon
Baron, Tommy Coroner
Barre, Martin Jethro Tull
Barrere, Paul
Bassett, Ryan
Baty, Charlie
Bautista, Roland
Bayliss, Brendan Dave Matthews Band
Beaulieu, Corey Trivium
Beck, Jeff Yardbirds
Becker, Jason Cacophony
Belew, Adrian King Crimson
Benson, George
Bernard, Will
Berry, Chuck
Bettencourt, Nuno
Blackfire, Frank Sodom, Kreator
Blackmore, Ritchie Deep Purple, Blackmore's Rainbow
Blake, Norman
Blug, Thomas
Bolin, Tommy
Boorer, Boz Morrissey
Brann, aka Braun Iron Butterfly (Inagaddadavida)
Bratta, Vito White Lion
Breau, Lenny
Brewster, Lincoln
Brian Jones Rolling Stones, The
Brian Monterey California Tribute Band Guitarist - Rush Tribute band Carress Of Steel
Broderick, Chris
Brook, Michael (associated with Lanois, Brian Eno
Broom, Bobby
Brosh, Nili Seven The Hard Way (w/ Tony MacAlpine)
Brown, Chuck
Brown, Jamieson "Juniior"
Bruce, Jack Cream (bass guitar)
Bruce, Michael Alice Cooper
Bruno, Jimmy
Bruxton, Glen Alice Cooper
Buchanan, Roy
Buckethead
Buckingham, Lindsey Fleetwood Mac
Buckley, Tim
Bullock, Hiram
Burke, Keni
Burton, James Elvis Presley
Butler, Geezer Black Sabbath (lyricist/bassist - secondary riff writer?)
Buxton, Glen Alice Cooper
Byrne, John "Sean" Count Fives, The
C.C. DeVille Poison
Caggiano, Rob Anthrax
Caldwell, Mikhal
California, Randy Spirit
Camp, Greg Smash Mouth
Campbell, Vivian Dio
Cantrell, Jerry Alice In Chains, Ozzy
Carlton, Larry
Carpenter, Stephen Deftones
Carstairs, Scott Fallujah
Casello, Chris
Cash, Johnny
Cazares, Dino Fear Factory
Cedrone, Danny Bill Haley's Comets
Chaplin, Terence Wm. Flames, The (aka Blondie Chaplin)
Chapman, Rob guitar instructor
Chaquico, Craig Jefferson Starship
Chase, Cliff
Chief
Christian, Josh (Toxik) Toxik
Cinnegar, Jake Dave Matthews Band
Clapton, Eric Solo, Yardbirds, Cream, Derek & The Dominos
Clark, Roy
Cole, B.J.
Coleman, Michael
Collen, Phil Def Leppard
Collins, Albert
Collins, Allen Lynyrd Skynyrd
Collins, Catfish
Collins, Larry
Cooder, Ry
Cooley, Rusty Day of Reckoning
Corgan, Billy Smashing Pumkins (lead vocalist - rhythm guitar), Zwan, solo work)
Cornett, Flip
Corryell, Larry
Costello, Elvis Elvis Costello & The Attractions
Crary, Dan
Crayton, Pee Wee
Crichton, Ian
Crutcher, Ronnie
Cuomo, Rivers Weezer
Danais, Jonathan Shadows Fall
Darski, Adam "Nergal" Behemoth
Davey, Shawn
Davidson, David Revocation
Davies, Dave Kinks, lead guitarist
Davies, Ray Kinks, rhythm guitarist, lead singer
De Lucia, Paco
Dean, Paul Loverboy
Denver, John
Derringer, Rick
Dhalif Ali, Ohalif
Dharma, Buck Blue Oyster Cult
Di Meola, Al Return To Forever, Friday Night In San Francisco
Di Miura, Al
Di Salvo, Ignazio jamtrackscentral.com
Dickerson, Dez
Dimebag Darrell Pantera
Donahue, Jerry
Donato, Daniel
Donovan
Douglas, Jerry
Downing, K.K. Judas Priest
Drake, Ol Evile
Dufour, Antoine
Dukes, Doyle
Dylan, Bob
Dziuba, Mark performs w Matt Smith
Easton, Elliot Cars, The
Eklund, Mattias Freak Kitchen
Emanual, Tommy
Emmett, Rik Triumph
Englund, Ola Haunted, The Feared
Eubanks, Kevin

Last edited:
Eyal Freeman Shazam
Feliciano, Jose
Ferguson, Lefty Lefty Ferguson Band
Fick, Joe ("Slick Joe Fick") (stand up bass player)
Finnegan, Les
Firkins, Michael Lee
Fish, Samantha
Ford, Robbin
Frampton, Peter Humble Pie, Solo Albums
Frehley, Ace KISS
Friedman, Marty
Fripp, Robert King Crimson
G, Tracy Dio
G., Gus Ozzy
Gabrels, Reeves David Bowie
Gabriela Quintero Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Galder (Borgin, Dimmu
Gale, Eric J.
Gales, Eric
Gallagher, Rory Taste, The
Gambale, Frank
Garvin, Larry
Gates, Synster Avenged Sevenfold
Gatton, Danny
Gaucher, Pierrejean
Genfan, Vicki
George, Rocky Suicidal Tendencies
Gibbons, Billy ZZ Top
Gilbert, Paul Racer X, Mr. Big
Gilbert, Rich
Gill, Vince
Gillis, Brad Night Ranger, Ozzie
Ginn, Greg Black Flag
Girard, Simon Beyond Creation
Godin, Christophe Morglbl
Goldy, Craig Dio
Gomez, Andreia
Gomm, Jon
Govan, Guthrie
Graham, Rick
Grant, Meritt Overkill
Grantis, Donna 3RDEYEGIRL (Prince's recent all girl backup band)
Green, Grant
Greenwood, Jonny Radiohead
Grieve, Thomas
Gustafson, Bobby Overkill
Guzman, Leonardo
Hackett, Steve
Haddad, Omar
Hafiz, Samir Powersurge
Haggard, Merle
Hagler, Stephen Starcastle
Hagstrom, Marten Meshuggah
Haley, Bill Bill Haley And The Comets
Hammett, Kirk Exodus, Metallica
Hampton, Michael
Handy, W.C
Hannerman, Jeff Slayer
Hansen, Kai
Hansen, Randy
Hanson, Bart Bart Hansen Band
Harrison, George Beatles
Haskins, Fuzzy
Hauch, Wes Faceless, The
Haycock, Pete Climax Blues Band
Hayward, Justin Moody Blues - lead guitarist and vocalist
Hazel, Eddie Parliament Funkadelic
Healey, Jeff
Hedges, Michael
Henderson, Scott
Hendrix, Jimi (aka Johnny Allen Hendrix) Jimi Hendrix Experience, Band of Gypsies
Herbert, Oli All That Remains
Herring, Jimmy Widespread Panic, Jimmy Herring Band, Allman Brother's Band
Hetfield, James Metallica
Hiland, Johnny
Hillage Steve Gong, solo albums
Hillard, Johnny
Hipa, Nick As I Lay Dying
Hoekstra, Joel
Hoffman, Wolf
Holdsworth, Allan
Holly, Buddy
Holmes, Joe Ozzy, Lizzie Borden
Holt, Gary Exodus, Metallica
Hope, Quinten
Howe, Greg Maragold, Howe II
Howe, Steve Yes
Hunter, Charlie
Hunter, Steve Lou Reed, Alice Cooper
Hutch, Willie
Ian, Scott Anthras
Iha, James Smashing Pumkins
Ihsahn
Iommi, Tony Black Sabbath
Izzazzari, Masimo
Jack White White Stripes
Jacks, Mitsos Fatal Mutiny
Jackson, Randy Journey
Jackson, Randy Zebra
Jackson, Randy (The Jacksons)
James, Brian Fallujah
James, Rick
Jewel Jewel
John 5 Rob Zombie (band)
Johnson, Eric
Johnson, Jellybean
Johnson, Richard Leo
Johnson, Robert (Robert Leroy Johnson)
Jones, Adam Tool
Jones, Boogaloo Joe
Jones, Brian Rolling Stones, The
Jordan, Lonnie
Jordan, Ronny
Jorgenson, John
Jung, Sungha (young player)
Kamal, Ibrahim Ahmed Warfaze
Karllison, Jean (Judas Priest Tribute band)
Kay, John Steppenwolf (lead vocalist/guitarist)
Kekuku, Joseph
Kelley, Don Don Kelley Band
Keneally, Mike
Kessler, Tommy Blondie
King, Kerry Slayer (Marty Friedman reference too)
Kisser, Andreas Sepultura
Knopfler, Mark Dire Straits
Koch, Greg
Korhonen, Severin Hellraiser
Kotke, Leo
Kotzen, Richie Mr. Big
Koulouris, Silver (Koulouris, Anargyros ) Aphrodites Child (Vangelis' early band)
Krantz, Wayne
Kreiger, Robby Doors
Krieger, Robby Doors, The
Kroos, Mark
Laiho, Alex Children Of Bodom
Lake, Greg Vocalist, Bassist, Guitarist in King Crimson & Emerson Lake & Palmer
Landau, Mike
Landreth, Sonny
Lane, Jimmy D. son of Jimmy Rogers
Lane, Shawn
Lange, Eddie
Lanois, Daniel
Lapps, Ben
Laroque, Andy
Latarski, Don
Le Tekrø, Ronnie
Leadon, Bernie
Lee, Alvin Ten Years After, Ten Years Later
Lee, Forrest Jr. (Forrest Lee Jr.)
Lee, Jake E. Ozzy
Lennon, John Beatles
Leonardo Guzman, Leonardo
Letchford, Chris Scale The Summit
Li, Herman Dragonforce
Lifeson, Alex Rush
Liimatainen, Jani Sonata Arctica
Linsk, Dave Overkill
Lisa X
Livgren, Kerry Kansas (dual lead guitar, vocals, keyboards)
Longfield, Sarah Fine Constant, The
Loomis, Jeff Nevermore
Lowell, George
Lynch, George Lynch Mob, Dokken
MacAlpine, Tony
Machacek, Alex
Malmsteen, Yngwie
Mansoor, Misha Periphery
Maphis, Joe
Marade, Joey
Marchack, Nathan Marchack, Nathan
Marino, Frank Frank Marino & Mahogony Rush
Marr, Johnny Smiths, The (co-founded by Morrissey)
Martinez, Toni
Mason, Brent
Maxwell
May, Brian Queen
Mayfield, Curtis
McClary, Thomas
McCluster, Porter
McCready, Mike Pearl Jam
McDonald, Ian King Crimson (known as keyboardist, wrote music for Pete Sinfield's Court of the Crimson King on guitar)
McFadden, Eric
McKee, Andy
McKnight, DwWayne
McLaughlin, John Mahavishnu Orchestra, Shakti
Melvoin, Wendy Revolution, The (Prince's backing band), Wendy And Lisa
Meniketti, Dave Y&T
Metheny, Pat
Michel Staat w Jan Akkerman
Miller, Dominic
Mills, Blake
Mitchell, Tim Shakira
Monarch, Michael Steppenwolf
Montalban, Miguel
Montbleau, Ryan
Monteith, James Tesseract
Montgomery, Wes
Montrose, Ronnie Edgar Winter Group, The [song Frankenstein]; Montrose (as band leader); Gamma (as band leader); Sammy Hagar; Van Morrison; Herbie Hancock; Gary Wright
Moore, Gary
Moore, Scotty
Morgen, Howard
Morrissey, Steven "The Smiths", Morrissey
Morse, Steve Deep Purple, Kansas
Mould, Bob
Murray, Dave Iron Maiden
Mustaine, Dave Metallica, Megadeth
Nakagawa, Daijiro
Nakagawa, Daijiro
Napoleon, Randy
Nararro, Dave Janes Addiction
Navarro, Nelson
Neil, Zach Zach Neil Band
Nieri, Andre
Nilsson, Per
Nocentelli, Leo
Nolen, Jimmy
Nova, Aldo
Noy, Oz Oz Noy Trio (w Dave Weckl on drums)
O'Connor, Mark
Ohmura, Takayoshi Liv Moon
Oshio, Kotaro
Owane
Page, Jimmy Led Zeppelin
Paget, Michael Bullet For My Valentine
Paisley, Brad
Papastache guitar instructor
Parissi, Rob
Parker, Ray Jr.
Parra, Charlie
Pass, Joe
Paul Kantner Jefferson Airplane
Paul, Les
Perry, Joe Aerosmith (lead guitarist)
Persinger, Shawn (a/k/a Shawn Persinger is Prester John)
Peterson, Eric Testament
Petrozza, Mille Kreator
Petrucci, John Dream Theater
Philip Sayce
Pickens, Lee Bloodrock (wrote song D.O.A.)
Pierce, Tim guitar instructor
Pietronkik, Claudio
Pitts, Jake Black Veil Brides
Poland, Chris Megadeth
Popovic, Ana
Posford, Simon (aka hallucinogen, aka younger brother) Shpongie, Younger Brother
Powell, Andy Wishbone Ash
Presley, Elvis
Prince (Prince Nelson Rogers)
Pugh, Martin Armageddon, Steamhammer
Rabin, Trevor Yes
Rafferty, Adam
Rait, Bonnie
Ray, Will
Reed, Jerry
Reed, Preston
Reid, Vernon Living Colour
Reinhardt, Django
Revel, Bernard
Reynolds, Sheldon
Rhoads, Randy Ozzy
Rice, Tony
Richards, Keith Rolling Stones, The
Richards, Keith Rolling Stones, The (guitarist)
Richrath, Gary REO Speedwagon
RIggs, Michael Rob Zombie (band)
Robinson, Jimmy
Robinson, Joe
Rodgers, Nile
Rodrigo Sánchez Rodrigo Y Gabriela
Rodrigo, Joacquin
Rodriguez-Lopez, Omar
Romano, Frank
Rombola, Tony Godsmack
Romeo, Michael Symphony X
Ronson, Mick David Bowie
Ross, Don
Ross, Tawl
Rossington, Gary Lynyrd Skynyrd
Roth, Arlen
Roth, Uli Jon Scorpians
Rundgren, Todd Utopia
Rushmore, Johnny
Russell, Jack Great White
S, Tina (solo youtube guitarist from France)
Sabicas
Sabo, Dave Skid Row
Sabo, Dave Skid Row
Sandercore, Justin Justinguitar.com teacher
Santana, Carlos
Saraceno, Blues
Schackinger, Steffen
Schaffer, Mateus Zawajus (covers?)
Schenker, Michael UFO, Scorpions, Michael Schenker Group
Schofield, Matt
Schon, Neal Journey
Schwartz, Marty guitar instructor
Scofield, John
Scruggs, Chris
Scruggs, Reece Havok
Shafer, Jimmy Child's Play (Maryland)
Shields, Kevin My Bloody Valentine
Shishir Aurthohin
Sifringer, Mike Destruction
Simo, J.D.
Skaggs, Ricky
Skolnick, Alex Testament, Savatage, Ozzie
Slash Guns And Roses
Slovak, Hillel Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Smith, Josh
Smith, Matt
Souza, Patrick
Spitz, Dan Anthrax
Steen, Uffe
Stein, Christopher ("Chris") Blondie
Stern, Mike
Stevens, Steve Billy Idol
Stine, Steve guitar instructor
Stone, Freddie
Stone, Sly
Stutzer, Michael Artillery
Sullivan, Justin
Summers, Andy Police, The
Sykes, John
Takasaki, Akira 3 Macula
Tamir, Alon
Taylor, Paula Joe
Thayil, Kim Soundgarden
The Edge (Evans, David) U2
Thordendal, Frederik Meshuggah
Timmons, Andy
Tinateepakdee, Vinai
Tipton, Glenn
Toivonen, Markus Ensiferum
Tolkki, Timo Stratovarius
Tom Quayle, Tom
Toni Martinez, Toni
Tonne, Estas
Totman, Sam Power Quest
Townshend, Pete
Trapp, Guthrie Garth Brooks
Travers, Pat
Travis, Darren Sadus
Travis, Merle
Trovato, Steve
Trower, Robin
Trucks, Derek
Turilli, Luca Rhapsody
Turner, Ted Wishbone Ash
Tweton, Scott
Urban, Keith
Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen
Vandenburg, Adrian
Vaughan, Kenney
Vaughn, Stevie Ray
Verheyen, Carl
Vignola, Frank
Vinai Tinateepakdee, Vinai
Viotto, Nicolas Domingo Beyond Creation
Vogiatzoglou, Antonis
Wade, Alex Whitechapel
Wagner, Dick Lou Reed
Wahlberg, Andy
Walker, Geordie Killing Joke
Walsh, Joe James Gang, Eagles
Walsh, Steve Kansas
Warner, Steve
Waters, Jeff Annihilator
Watson, Doc
Watson, Jeff Night Ranger
Watson, Johnny "Guitar"
Weaver, Miko
Webber, Bob Sugarloaf (Green Eyed Lady)
Weider, Jim
Weiner, Dave Steve Vai's tour guitarist
Weistrop, Aaron
Werstler, Emil Daath, Chimaira
West, Leslie Mountain
White, Billy Dokken (after George Lynch period
White, Clarence
Whitford, Brad Aerosmith (rhythm guitarist)
Wilkenfeld, Tal
Wilkens, Harry Destruction
Williams, Ken Electric Prunes, The
Wilson, Nancy Heart
Wilton, Michael Queensrÿche
Winter, Johnny
Wise, Richie Dust
Witkowski, Rick Crack The Sky
Womack, Bobby
Wood, Andy
Wood, Ronnie Rolling Stones, The (guitarist)
Workman, Lyle
Wylde, Zak Ozzy
X, Phil (aka Xenidis, Phillip Eric) Session Guitarist
Xedidis, Phillip Eric Session Guitarist
Yamazaki Hirokazu
Yepes, Narciso
Yiannis Papadopoulos, Yiannis
Yokum, Dwight (singer/rhythm guitarist) Dwight Yokum
Young, Angus AC/DC
Young, Neil Crosby Stills Nash And Young
Young, Yvette Covet
Yseult, Sean White Zombie
Yuenger, Jay (aka "J") White Zombie
Zappa, Dweezil
Zappa, Frank

In the bass realm, you gotta give it up for Geddy Lee for his contrapuntal bass lines:

Jack Bruce for almost lead bass driving the chord progressions

John Paul Jones for the understated funk that just lifts rock songs to another level

Chris Squire for his compositional approach to aggressive bass lines and taking bass in a different aggressive fusion-esque direction, as well as making odd time signatures groove like normal 4/4 bass lines:

John Paul Jones for the understated funk that just lifts rock songs to another level

Chris Squire for his compositional approach to aggressive bass lines and taking bass in a different aggressive fusion-esque direction, as well as making odd time signatures groove like normal 4/4 bass lines:
These guys all DEFINITELY need to be added. I'm not sure "No Quarter" would exist without J.P.Jones, and I'm a big Yes, Rush fan. Rhythmic stuff is such a critical element that inspires between players. Bass guitar is basically missing from the list except a couple right now, but that is the next category to add. Of course, musical info will require drummers to be added eventually as well.

I started watching these guys, not sure how to classify it, but the drummer has an uncanny knack for bringing together all the cross rhythms. I recommend putting some of it on as background when you're thinking creatively - at times its rushed, at times it settles, but gotta love the drummer's love for progressiveness:

[watch at 03.00 or so, there's a little guitar tremolo picking thing, how nicely speeding-up and releasing the part is - but I haven't watched a lot of it to know how much of this is rehearsed, or impromptu, but whatever the case I like their timing and nuance.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom