Random Guitar Player List

Jimmy James

Makes me miss the way Hendrix invented new ways notes could sneak to new positions.

Interesting. So on Earth, do your cackling hens go under appreciated whilst your doughnut shops get over-hyped, as "donut" shops? And you thought you would just get to keep on hearing surf music?

Gives opportunities to all types.

Michael Winslow

"Guitar" solo at 2:50

Strange. Beautiful. Sometimes Sleazy. the Promo Videos.

Did the real Jimi watch Outer Limits, or...

Last edited:

Solo at 3:14

Brian Monterey
(... Decent recording for a fan job... but it wasn't close to his best performance - he misses the rhythm part at first :) I've seen him a half dozen times and never noticed such a mistake, & usually his feel is incredible - but a fan at their leisure catches you in an off moment, OUCH!! )

This one has more of the laid back feel he's famous for, really a trick & why the original Rush recording is so effective. Even if the recording leaves a lot to be desired.

This one is acceptable as well

To get an idea how hard that feel is...and how easy it is to veer from (for good or bad of course...):

On the other hand this gentleman's feel (guitarist Frank Larouche) is outstanding as well (although evidently not intended to be as accurate a rendition - but fun nonetheless):

And the vocal parts are performed by the Neil Peart stand in.... o_O

Last edited:
(Geddy is... Elvis Costello)

Solo at about 3:10

solo at 2:38

For more about that feel, see 3:57 in the video below

Kate:

Last edited:
Another entry for Asato. From this one please check out from 50:40

(see 13:59 for a near disaster o_O
see "once every minute or two" for variety, originality, style, musicality, and actually tasteful shred, with infusions of ballad (23:00 - what is this song?), fusion, R&B, and every other valid form of soulfulness.
see 40:01 and 50:40 if you doubt that creativity knobs can get to 11.

To Matseo, I am grateful you are putting so much into your music. It gives me pleasure to see how much more interested you are in musical passion than chops. Yet to call them good chops is an understatement.

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't read the whole thread. A database of players is very interesting did you get it out together?
I'm putting them into an excel sheet. I'm hoping to come out with it on a website at some point because I think it could be helpful to see similar artists and techniques and also guitar teachers who teach certain techniques. The project was inspired when I realized that no one is teaching the method Al Di Meola uses to play syncopated rhythms - and even slowing them down I was having a hard time seeing what pick stroke method he was using - it would such to try and meticulously play a part very slowly over and over and then find out you're approaching it in a way that makes its fluent and up-to-speed use impossible.

Back
Top Bottom