Random Guitar Player List

Tornaghi, Daniele

Okay, regardless of level of development of a musical student its helpful to have some of these tutorials out there. While there are a lot of excellent covers of Gary, on most the guitar isn't positioned face forward center frame as it is here. And while there are other tutorials for Gary Moore stuff (better one's I'm sure) one was so thin sounding and disregarding of vibrato I was shocked.

(I have yet to see a Gary Moore tutorial or lesson that accurately describes Gary's use of vibrato or tremolo - never sounded forced, and his melodic and rhythmic senses are pretty much on the level of Uli Roth or someone of that caliber- in fact there's a triplet near the end of the vid below where its practically a very fast metronome for awhile.)

Last edited:

uli roth whammy and noise tricks 13:00
(real noise starts at more around 14:30 but there's absolutely no context if you listen that way o_o)

Last edited:
And of course Jay Graydon. Here in an recent interview by Tim Pierce about Jays solo on Steely Dans PEG

One of my best times at band rehearsal was many years ago, a bit before he moved to LA, Tim and a buddy dropped by my parent's house to listen to us rehearse. (We were all late teens/early 20s). We were playing Peg, and he brought his guitar in and played it with us. Our other guitarist and Tim both had the solo down cold, and they played it in unison. Good times.

This link of the same video (because when I click yours it says unavailable)
Says this in the comments:

View attachment 49963

Very interesting. When I first looked at it I thought it said "Steve Morse - Solo Guitar".

Thank you. Here is the link that seems to validate this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_Thunder

Steve Morris'ssss disc-og-raphy:

https://www.discogs.com/artist/498763-Steve-Morris-2

There used to be a 6-degrees of separation thing about hard rock music - connecting a lot of players. I wish I knew where to find that image.

Last edited:

Not sure who these guys are.

18:30, but apparently the meek cannot inherit an out of tune guitar.

Another track by them:

(actually this is a beautiful cover - I recommend enjoying it if you appreciate the original)

Last edited:

On slide guitar and vocals is Matthew Greenwood - a nice example of this approach.

(Other guitarist is Dan Toler

He has Lou Gerig's now. : (

Last edited:

JD Simo

Don't think he's the greatest Nashville Guitarist, but maybe the coolest Nashville Strummer?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom