Random Guitar Player List

WARNING - OFF TOPIC BELOW THIS LINE:

This is the:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAG...e-Olympia-White-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-/282969005490

Fillmore V6 JMH

$400

You be the judge. dOES A GUITAR create a unique guitarplayer...

Or is it just a piece of wood and metals with no impact on playing style. (Obviously you know the answer is that its a blend, and having the discipline to find and instrument and focus is as important as being creative when finding one...)

I've wanted a Danocaster for a few months but can't swing the price yet. Do I need to bring studio equipment into the studio to marry up the sounds. If I buy a $2000 Danocaster, I practically do feel a need to plug one in at home first. (Maybe a friend's). But $400 is not too much to gamble with basically. I think I'd favor the Hendrix model above, but here's this.

Last edited:
Grew up on a farm - spent most of my early days listening to 60's/70's rock, pop - Beetles, ABBA, Shangri-Las etc. etc. Missed the earlier guitar oriented stuff as that just wasn't listened to at home, or even-much at school..

Every now and again I would hear Bjorn hit a quick-heavy riff. Loved it. ... ...then a buddy whisked me away to his house one day to hear a "real guitar player" ..

Michael Schenker...

....blew my little mind.

...I had Never heard anyhting like ^^^ ...that before, and knew right then, right there, I wanted play like that. Now Michael was a bit of trend-setter. He was doing the neoclassical stuff before many of the go-faster guys got good-enough to get famous for it..

Moving on...

...Mind being now wide-open to this amazing guitar oriented music, another buddy - a drummer in my very-first band actually, subjected me to Gary Moore. Oh Man!! ..LOL! .. What's there to be said, really :) .. Just about as broad a talent and amazing player as I could have found. From Jazz to Blues - Rock to Pop to Spanish Guitar.. He played it all. The first song I heard of Gary's is still one of my favorites.. Parisenne Walkways - Live..

Gary just killed it .. At that time, I never knew you could say so-much with one single note. Gary was a HUGE influence of me. A guy who could pretty-much play it all while putting his own spin on it. Seemed to me that his Improvisation was where his genius lay. The number of times I saw him live, he'd drop a note and, just, turn it into ..magic..

Gary Moore .... Phil Lynott.. "Thin Lizzy".. Thin Lizzy.... John Sykes..

John, co-writer of Whitesnake's 1987 Album... Another very emotive rock/metal player who loves to pepper his insane fire-breathing fast-gallopin' scales with single-notes sent into the stratosphere.

Incredible Stuff!

...Over the years, I have gravitated to all kinds of music, and I'm continually stumbling across - just - amazingly talented people out there..

As a kid, I was drawn to Virtuosos such as Tony MacAlpine.

Today, Estas Tonne

...and Mike Dawes

...so many great players out there..It's hard not to find inspiration, and what I absolutely adore about this instrument we love.. I get burned out playing one genre of music ... there SO many other genres to slide into.

From George Lynch

To these two characters.. :)

...Vai, Satch, Randy Rhoads, Albert Collins, Buckethead, Matthias Jabs, Gilmour .... .. .. ..Just too many inspirational players to mention.

Phhhh ...Guitar.. Now Really? ...what's not to love? :cool: :D

The Nick Johnston piece was nice. Thanks!
Nick has a really great approach - not wasting speed or bothering to show off. Plus I like those deep sort of eerie vibes. Those moments make me think I'm hearing a soundtrack of a lunch between Phillip K. Dick and H. P. Lovecraft. Its not an easy thing to pull off something a bit "dark but hopeful" writing wise. One of my favorite all time progressions is Guardian Angel by John McLaughlin, which in the span of about 60 seconds somehow manages to be brooding and simultaneously positive and bright. I wish someone would post an analysis of the chord progression :

Yes, not me - a friend of mine - I realize its not perfectly in time with the music but its not like there's a click track :D

(Different guy).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom