Random Guitar Player List

Lynch has one of the weirdest styles. For the lack of a better description, a lot of his solos sound like a set of licks strung together. There doesn't seem to be an overarching theme in them per se. He also goes in the opposite direction on most of guitar advice you usually hear such as "tuck the fingers on your right hand" or "minimize finger movement in your left hand" - he does the opposite. But he sounds pretty good nonetheless.

I don't recall seeing SRV on the list, though I may have missed it.

Joscho Stephan (playing with Tommy Emanuelle)

Victor Smolski

Michael Angelo Batio (and some guest shredders)

Shout to the muscle shoals rhythm section

Allman Brothers

Last edited:

Joe Kogok

(I happed to see someone suggest that he is a student of Danny Gatton - and it seems obvious - hadn't come across him before. I'll have to check him out some more. )

Last edited:
Lynch has one of the weirdest styles. For the lack of a better description, a lot of his solos sound like a set of licks strung together. There doesn't seem to be an overarching theme in them per se. He also goes in the opposite direction on most of guitar advice you usually hear such as "tuck the fingers on your right hand" or "minimize finger movement in your left hand" - he does the opposite. But he sounds pretty good nonetheless.
Its a good style - and a good sound - his approach doesn't sound anything like Marty Friedman, but they are both sort of rebels in a good way.

Back
Top Bottom