Randall Satan Tone Match - Mix Test

A tone match of Ola Englund's signature Randall Satan amplifier into his Randall 4x12 cab. The patch is based on the Axe-FX II's Thordendal Vintage model in v12.03 into the stock Redwirez Mesa 4x12 IR with the Sennheiser e609 microphone IR.

The drums are Toontrack's Superior Drummer v2.3.2 with the Metal Foundry SDX for the cymbals, the Metal! EZX for the snare, and the Metal Machine EZX for the kick. The bass is a pitch shifted guitar through the Axe-FX II also. It was mixed in Cockos Reaper with plugins from Waves, Stillwell and Cockos. There is no EQing on the guitar tracks; just a dB or two of gain reduction from the Waves SSL compressor.

I wasn't going for a completely identical tone to the original amp as I felt that a few tweaks made it sit in the mix and sound a bit better. I would love some feedback on both the tone and the mix. :)

I am sorry I had remembered a you tube video by ola that he matched 3 of his amps (I believe) and he left the preset in the commits

Sorry man, this patch is long gone. It wasn't anything special though, just the amp and cabs mentioned in the OP, and then a tone match of the brief moment that the guitars are isolated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sAU6xGaI40

I think that I still have the isolated guitar tracks from my clip in the OP though, so if you would like a copy of them to tone match then flick me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom