Raise the flag for another Fractal victory!

scottp

Fractal Fanatic
So today I played guitar for a Worship Summit in southern Wisconsin.
The room was filled with musicians and worship leaders of all kinds.

Several guitar players made their way to the stage to see what gear I was using.
They were surprised to find no amp and a Fractal AX8 with an EV-1 doing its magic.
I heard all positive comments ranging from really good to amazing!

It's great to hear feedback from peers who use traditional rigs, that really liked the tones.
I just wish I had more time to talk to the individuals. Most people had never seen a Fractal unit before.

Awesome stuff Scott. I play in a large church and many guitar players are either members or pass through. I have a lot of people come up to see what I am playing through and they have the same reaction. I love to take the time to show them my AX8 and talk about serving the Lord with excellence in music. The worship summit sounds like a great opportunity for you. Glad you represented FAS so well! I'll be speaking at a seminar in April but unfortunately it is a risk management seminar, not music. Sadly, there is a lot of interest in church security and risk management since the horrible church shooting in TX. I'd far rather be speaking on music and worship team.

I’ve seen more guys use the Helix in the church setting than the AX8. Perhaps it’s because the processor is more powerful? Those AX8 tones though...

a lot of people choose the Helix over the AX8 because of the latency in scene change on AX8 and the easy to edit presets on the Helix,i know pro musicians that own both units and they told me that the AX8 sound better than the Helix,i tried the Helix some months ago but i didnt fall in love with that unit,cool unit but i prefer the AX8 for audio quality.

not to mention how much crap people talk about the cpu issues (real but way overblown) on the Ax8.
i never had any issue with the AX8 cpu,i dont use too many effects,i use just a drive,amp,cab,chorus,delay,reverb and sometimes a wah,compressor and a phaser.

Awesome stuff Scott. I play in a large church and many guitar players are either members or pass through. I have a lot of people come up to see what I am playing through and they have the same reaction. I love to take the time to show them my AX8 and talk about serving the Lord with excellence in music. The worship summit sounds like a great opportunity for you. Glad you represented FAS so well! I'll be speaking at a seminar in April but unfortunately it is a risk management seminar, not music. Sadly, there is a lot of interest in church security and risk management since the horrible church shooting in TX. I'd far rather be speaking on music and worship team.

GJ, yea about risk management, A house of worship (church) should be one of the safest places to be.
Our church has begun the security / safety measures to keep ALL safe.
Thanks.

I've seen quite a few Helix players in churches. Most are pleased. But all are in awe of the Fractal products. Most came up from the POD series (as did I), so the Helix was a friendly face, if you will. I've never messed with one, nor have I been tempted. The demos all strike me in a negative way. There is a certain something I'm hearing that I don't like. With the AX8, I'm confident I can achieve the tones I crave. It's constantly being tested and hasn't failed me yet. Years with the Axe-Fx II prior set the stage. It's an honor to worship with the Fractals.

GJ, yea about risk management, A house of worship (church) should be one of the safest places to be.
Our church has begun the security / safety measures to keep ALL safe.
Thanks.
Feel free to PM me regarding church safety and security. Complicated issues. We have armed security team since 2012.

Back
Top Bottom