Rainbow Lick Library

stratamania

Fractal Fanatic
As Deep Purple, and Blackmore have had a big influence over the years, I was pleased to see Lick Library, just announced this new DVD with Danny Gill, covering some of Ritchie's Rainbow tracks.

Enjoy.

Nice....cool series for sure. Blackmore was my favorite guitar player during my formative years and all his Purple and Rainbow work was a huge influence....hearing those solos takes me back to my room with a record player trying to figure out Burn for hours lol.

In the first pro band I was in we used to open the night with "Kill The King"...killer tune, great riffs!!!

Aaaah Kill The King....
One of my favourites.
I did a test track just to see how my Strat sounded with the Axe-FX II;

And my version of Still I'm Sad:

Blackmore, the man in black who had a big influence on me ever since I heard the DanDan-song.
The DanDan song?
Dan Dan Dan
Dan Dan Dadan
Dan Dan Dan
Dan Dan

You'll get it ;)

Rainbow's still my favourite band.
Oh, and Ritchie is quite a funny guy
Guitar Heroes >>TRACKS arte - Vidéo Dailymotion

Cool playing MrE, and I liked the Ritchie video link.

The riff was Smoke on the Water,
Here's another.

Da dah da dah dah,
Dah dah da da dah dah,
Da Da..... Da da.

The riff was Smoke on the Water,
Here's another.

Da dah da dah dah,
Dah dah da da dah dah,
Da Da..... Da da.

I know this one

Black Wife
So tight
It don't feel
So right

I like scallops as wel.
I tried a Blackmore Strat but I got rid of it quite quickly.
It was either that or getting rid of my 18 other guitars and replacing them with wuitars with scallops ;)

I have a Blackmore Strat, and an Yngwie Strat, it is sometimes odd when I pick up my Jem or other guitars without scalloping. The scallop on the Yngwie strat is extreme and the Blackmore seems almost like a normal neck in comparison.

My Yngwie Strat is always tuned to Eb so gets used for Hendrix stuff etc. Scallops are great for bending.

Back
Top Bottom